Phaneuf playing forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Just listening to the Hitman-Rebels game on the radio and it seems like (outside of intermission) Phaneuf is playing almost the entire game. He's also playing forward on the PP and so far has a goal and an assist. He apperently made a nice deflection in between his legs to put the Rebels up 2-0.

Getzlaf also sounds like a target tonight. Pogge (I believe) just delivered a elbow to Getzlaf's head. Very dissapointing... if anyone recalls, Phaneuf layed Getzlaf out a few weeks ago and Getzlaf was gone for 12 games with a concussion. Ladd seems to be going after Phaneuf once again (if anyone recalls this as well, Phaneuf and Ladd fought after the WJC).

Phanuthier*

andora said:
why would pogge elbow his teammate ? :dunno:, or did you get the goalies confused...
Yeah, I think I got the players confused. :innocent:

Haven't got much (and by that, I mean almost none) time to follow junior hockey with school and everything.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Splatman Phanutier said:
Yeah, I think I got the players confused. :innocent:

Haven't got much (and by that, I mean almost none) time to follow junior hockey with school and everything.
i understand the school part (where i am now), but i do a lot of my work in the computer labs :D

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
We all know he is an awesome defencive prospect.
His coach is maybe trying to help his offencives capabilities.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Splatman Phanutier said:
Just listening to the Hitman-Rebels game on the radio and it seems like (outside of intermission) Phaneuf is playing almost the entire game. He's also playing forward on the PP and so far has a goal and an assist. He apperently made a nice deflection in between his legs to put the Rebels up 2-0.

I remember the Stars doing this with Hatcher several times. Its actually a fairly good idea if you think about it, taking a big, strong guy and just plopping him in front of the net....causes all kinds of **** for the goaltender.

bruins4777*

Chaos said:
I remember the Stars doing this with Hatcher several times. Its actually a fairly good idea if you think about it, taking a big, strong guy and just plopping him in front of the net....causes all kinds of **** for the goaltender.
Chara does it a lot too on the powerplay

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
When this guy was drafted I said Dion who? He looks like Lyle Lovett, but he plays like a cross between scott stevens and ray bourque. Such a smart player, Calgary has a franchise player for years to come.

Phanuthier*

eddiedaeagle20 said:
When this guy was drafted I said Dion who? He looks like Lyle Lovett, but he plays like a cross between scott stevens and ray bourque. Such a smart player, Calgary has a franchise player for years to come.
Actually, I thought Dion looked very good in his draft year. As a 17 year old, he overtook a two 19 year old top prospect (Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch) to be Red Deer's best blueliner.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
From the looks of things, Phaneuf appears to be playing at least some forward tonight on Sportsnet against Med Hat.

Either that or he just had a shift where a forward spent all his time covering for Phaneuf as he tried his hand at offense.

bruins4777*

eddiedaeagle20 said:
Despite being a cross he isn't as good as either bourque or stevens was and doubtfully will be.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
eddiedaeagle20 said:

Same thing here. I never heard of that guy before the draft but now he's my favorite prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->