Proposal: Phaneuf for Ryan, or vice versa...

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
This is the type of trade that makes sense in these particular circumstances... overpaid long term guy for other overpaid long term guy with the hopes that one or both would benefit from a change of scenery.

So hypothetically, if we only had one, would you trade them for the other...?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
160201150128-trump-clinton-split-portrait-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: Back in Black

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Phaneuf is a more useful player who costs less in real dollars with less time remaining on his contract. He is also cheaper to buyout. Why would we trade him for Ryan?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Honestly don't think Phaneuf contributes more than Borowiecki these days. He was great last season. This season, not so much. Don't have high hopes that he'll rebound next year.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
(lol)
The results eliminated my previously favorite American cable news channels CNN those guys have completely lost it to the point of being unwatchable. They can't talk about anything else and it's negative, negative negative....... Worse part is they're too often taking CTV and CBC down the same path with them. I only sneak peek news stations hoping for change but it's usually just a quick flip and I'm out of here. Best place for news is still online even for cable news channels where at least you can select by topic of interest.

---------------------------------------------

Ryan without injury has more value than Phaneuf but Ryan is playing hurt too often. Phaneuf is playing too much because we lost Methot and they haven't had a better 2nd pairing left D in the fold. I think he'd be a decent 3rd pairing D but Boro has the 3rd left side pairing tied down. I'd like to see Phaneuf on the right 3rd pair but that doesn't fit Boucher's system and it's hard to judge how he'd do without some samples. Even so he'd cost too much for a 3rd pair D. Where we are now in terms of young D in the barn I'd pick Ryan as long as I had some hope his hands would heal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->