PGDT: Russia - Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
onice said:
:joker: Yeah they really lost their edge. The final score was 3-1 and the Czechs got no scoring chances after their lone goal.

Eh, again, I would ask you to read, but I guess that would be pointless. They lost their edge when it comes to scoring. Letting in one goal and not scoring any is just that.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
markov` said:
Prediction : Ovechkin is gonna get PHANEUFED! :amazed:
Yes,& Malkin is going to get Webered. :D These two are a force out there.
Will Sutter continue what he did yesterday playing them for the first time with
the CBP line.I think it's a good idea and makes the Canadian team harder to contain.
They go against the Ovechkin line and then the Russians will have a tough time
containing Carter Getzlaf and Ladd physically.Of course they will also play with Carter and Richards on special units.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
You are not going to get banned. I am not a moderator. I just don't understand the necessity of claiming somebody was drunk or high or telling somebody to learn how to read simply because they disagree with you.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Keep talking about your Phaneuf...It's going to end up like Tootoo last time...Russia gold and Tootoo on his ass

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Berkut said:
Keep talking about your Phaneuf...It's going to end up like Tootoo last time...Russia gold and Tootoo on his ass

Perhaps. The difference being, of course, that Dion Phaneuf is substantially larger than Jordin Tootoo, and as a defender, he has the advantage on AO because AO has to go into the corners at some point.

I'm interested in seeing how Phaneuf copes with AO's blend of skill and speed.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Matt MacInnis said:
You are not going to get banned. I am not a moderator. I just don't understand the necessity of claiming somebody was drunk or high

I got the warning from someone who is in fact a moderator.

PS. I didn't claim anything. It was simply a metaphor.

Matt MacInnis said:
or telling somebody to learn how to read simply because they disagree with you.

Simply because I had written an answer to that three pages and ago once or twice later in the thread is more like it.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Berkut said:

:handclap:

This canadien fans dont even know HOW powerful that russian team is

Ha ha why talk about Phaneuf , Crosby ....Carter ? Man you have to stop Ovechkin an Malkin first ...........ohhh for 60 Min. ha ha

OUR VICTORY !!!!! ROSSIJAAAAAAAAAAA BPERÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖDDDDD !!!!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
CSKA said:
:handclap:

This canadien fans dont even know HOW powerful that russian team is

Ha ha why talk about Phaneuf , Crosby ....Carter ? Man you have to stop Ovechkin an Malkin first ...........ohhh for 60 Min. ha ha

OUR VICTORY !!!!! ROSSIJAAAAAAAAAAA BPERÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖDDDDD !!!!
Russia has 2 or 3 stars.Canada has a whole team of them.Russia has an outside chance if Khudobbin steals it.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The puck control battle is going to be the main factor in this game I think. Both teams need to have control of the puck for long periods of time in order to be successful. The Russians like to play around with it a bit more, while the Canadian team is going to try to create chances off the boards I'm sure.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
pei fan said:
Russia has 2 or 3 stars.Canada has a whole team of them.Russia has an outside chance if Khudobbin steals it.

outside chance yeah like against the Usa ........ :lol

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Matt MacInnis said:
Perhaps. The difference being, of course, that Dion Phaneuf is substantially larger than Jordin Tootoo, and as a defender, he has the advantage on AO because AO has to go into the corners at some point.

I'm interested in seeing how Phaneuf copes with AO's blend of skill and speed.
Well Ovechkin was 17 when he knocked out Tootoo, now he's 19, he's bigger, faster, stronger. And Malkin is even bigger.

When Ovechkin hit Gonchar in the Russian League this year, Gonchar had a concussion and had to be transported to a hospital. Bring it on Phaneuf!

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
If Canada focused on shutting down Ovechkin and Malkin, that would only be a good thing for Russia I think because then the other guys like Shirokov, Radulov, Pestunov, Lisin, Voloshenko etc would put on the defense..

and it's not a given that Pheneuf will shutdown Ovechkin neither..

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
pei fan said:

when was the last time Russia won anything because the goalie stole the game for them?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Berkut said:
Well Ovechkin was 17 when he knocked out Tootoo, now he's 19, he's bigger, faster, stronger. And Malkin is even bigger.

When Ovechkin hit Gonchar in the Russian League this year, Gonchar had a concussion and had to be transported to a hospital. Bring it on Phaneuf!

I understand entirely, and I think AO's physicality is sometimes under-appreciated. But Gonchar is not, physically, Dion Phaneuf. Phaneuf doesn't typically get hit in the open ice because of the style he plays. Whereas AO will be retrieving pucks from the corners and boards, where taking hits is necessary. I'm not saying that AO won't be able to handle it, in fact, I really don't know, that's why I'm so interested in seeing that battle take place.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
I think Khudoben will have to be unreal in the start of this game for Russia to have a chance. Canada is just way to strong offensivly. People forget that after two periods with the Czechs the shots were 28-3 for Canada with the Czechs failing to record a single shot in the second. Oh and btw, after 2 periods the scoring chances were 20-0 for canada. Thats just ****ed up :lol:

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Well I hope Canada wins the Gold...I won't be disappointed if they don't (unless it turns out like last year :cry: ) I predict 4-2

GO TEAM CANADA GO!!

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
tommi462 said:
I hope that poster got warnings for that post, that was way worse than any post I got warned for today.

yeah really.. and these are the same people that complain that Russia didn't show them respect last night..

Vic Rattlehead*

Larionov Fan said:
Russia 6 - Ovechkin [3], Shirokov [2], Rykov
Canada 4 - Bergeron, Ladd, Stewart, Getzlaf

there is no way this turns into a defensive battle... neither goalie is that exceptional. russia is too powerful offensively.
Ahem, what about Canada?

Camshaft77

Jan 3, 2005
Ontario
I see probably the best match-up between these two nations in a long time. Both teams have alot of power upfront with the canadian defense being a little more deep then the russians, but ill give the goaltending battle to the russian's because Glass has not faced more then 20 shots in a game and is relatively untested.

AO and Malkin im sure will play very well and will give the canadian defense everything they can handle.

Jeff Carter i think is the guy to watch if your russia he has been playing great in the tournament, and i believe that he will be the top player in the game.

Canada 5 carter(2), dawes, bergeron, syrvret
Russia 3 radulov (2) shirokov

players of the game carter and radulov

Vic Rattlehead*

Berkut said:

Anyone can hit Gonchar. He gets knocked around too much. Nothing to be proud of. (Watched him as a Bruin, always gets knocked around)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->