Petteri Nokelainen the next Lehtninen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Last night watching the game, he had so many striking similarities compared to Jere. Besided the obvious of both being finnish, they play a very similar style. IN a few years I can see Nokelainen being a major force in this league, and the next Finnish Captain in the NHL. And man did he ever lay garth murray out last night with a huge open ice hit.

Strong Island

Jun 6, 2004
Long Island, NY
I saw the game as well. He wasn't with the puck too much, and didn't really get too much ice time, but the amount he did play, he made himself very noticable with strong physical play. Every hit he made seemed to be a 100% effort on his part. I was very impressed.

BD

Oct 30, 2002
North Shore of LI
Nilsson : jury still out. like to see more. obviously he brings a lessrounded game..but his vision and playmaking was excellent last night. if he sticks with team, he may be a barnburner on the top line..and cause McGuire to commit Hari-Kari in the middle of his radio show.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Gooch said:
Nilsson : jury still out. like to see more. obviously he brings a lessrounded game..but his vision and playmaking was excellent last night. if he sticks with team, he may be a barnburner on the top line..and cause McGuire to commit Hari-Kari in the middle of his radio show.

hopefully he'll think about creating a noose for himself

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I read the first post and said to myself...

But isn't Lehtonen a goalie... *SLAP FOREHEAD*

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i see Nokie a bit like Joikenen but won't be as good offensively but better defensively.

X-SHARKIE

I like Nokelainen, I haven't seen him personally since last years WJC's but at those games he was excellent.

A few people from the 04 draft have soared up the rankings in my mind, Nokelainen being one of them, as he has established him self as one of my personal favorite prospects. This coming from a Sharks fan.

I know i'll catch some fire from some certain teams fans...But if I was re-doing the 2004 draft, I would take Nokelainen over the other two fins in Tukonen and Korpikoski.

Nokelainens offensive upside is also underated IMO, this could will be on the 2nd line in the NHL sooner then later. He is physical, can skate and take defensmean to the outside, can set up a play his vision, he can buy him self some time with those hands, can score in close, he really has doses of it all and his work ethic is second to none.

I also hear that Robert Nilsson was very impressive.

good free article here http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=457856

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
If Nilsson makes the team he might possibly challenge for the Calder (well if Crosby doesn't blow everyone out of the water). I thought he worked very well with Yashin and IMO was much more effective than Satan. Of coarse it was pre-season and he has much more to play for, but that assist he had to Zhitnik was beautiful.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I have never seen Korpikoski play but I've seen Nokelainen and I think he will be the better of the three. Not that Tukonen won't have a good career, it's just that I'm extremely high on Petteri.
I like the comparison with Lehtinen, it fits perfectly.

KH1

Lehtinen is a good comparison for Nokie because both are great defensive forwards and very underrated offensive players. If the draft was held again that silly notion that he was just leeching off the talent of his linemates would be gone and he could very well be ranked ahead of Tukonen or Korpikoski.

bmr128

Sep 20, 2002
Huntington, NY
www.geocities.com
Nokelainen also has a wicked shot that nobody really talks about. He had a rocket from the blueline during the Rangers game. His shooting was amazing in the Rookie camp as well. He is very similar to Lehtinen.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
bmr128 said:
Nokelainen also has a wicked shot that nobody really talks about. He had a rocket from the blueline during the Rangers game. His shooting was amazing in the Rookie camp as well. He is very similar to Lehtinen.
and 15g in the FNL as an 18-19year old is nothing to sneeze at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->