Confirmed with Link: Petter Granberg signed (2 years, 600K)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Very happy with this signing. I think he's a great option on the bottom pairing.

I thought we didn't draft well...

I don't get what point you're trying to make.

Preds didn't draft him.

Anyways. Looks like another option for Las Vegas.

This doom and gloom over the Vegas stuff is bizarre to me. It's like people forget that there are 29 other teams and their only option is to pick up 3rd and 4th liners from the Preds.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Very happy with this signing. I think he's a great option on the bottom pairing.

I don't get what point you're trying to make.

This doom and gloom over the Vegas stuff is bizarre to me. It's like people forget that there are 29 other teams and their only option is to pick up 3rd and 4th liners from the Preds.

Well according to expansion player exposure rules:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons

Looking at General Fanager Only him and Bitetto would be the options for the preds, but both played only 27-28 games last year. So preds will need to play one them 40 games this up coming season to be compliant, or trade for an under contract dman during the season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well according to expansion player exposure rules:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons

Looking at General Fanager Only him and Bitetto would be the options for the preds, but both played only 27-28 games last year. So preds will need to play one them 40 games this up coming season to be compliant, or trade for an under contract dman during the season.

The point was as far as defensemen go, the likelyhood of them taking one of ours as long as we go the 8 skater route is slim due to the 29 other teams out there.

In regards to your post here, we could always sign Y. Weber to a 1 year extension prior if needed be to be compliant, but the chances of at least one of Bitetto/Granberg not playing 40+ games is very slim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad