Petrovic vs. Wyshynski

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Greg Wyshynski spoke on his podcast about how Alex Petrovic angrily tweeted at him for something Wysh posted last week....which was something along the lines of Marchessault having more goals in the playoffs than Petro in his entire career. Wyshynski said Petro has since deleted the post and then continued ridiculing Tallon, Petrovic, and Panthers fans saying something like "who cares if I offend the 7 panther fans in the world" and more jokes about our history.

Is he right to criticize protecting Petro over Marchessault? Yes. But he didn't have to be such an asshole about it, and it really irritated me. The reason I'm writing this is I think everyone on here with a Twitter should post to Wysh just to remind him Panther fans do exist across the world, and to not let him get away with lame jokes kicking us while we're down.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Petrovic blocked a ton of people on twitter it seems...even my personal account lol and a couple other people I know who never even interacted with him.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
They're both in the wrong. Petro is wrong for replying to anyone criticising him on social media, especially if that person is a media member. Wyshynski is wrong for taking it too far and involving the fans.

I have a hard time taking Wyshynski seriously from now on (as non-biased), if one tweet from a player is enough to make him steep to the "lolz Panthers have no fans" -level. That is something you expect to see on a YT comment section of a Panthers highlight, not by a well known and respected NHL writer. Criticize the team all you want and disagree with whatever Petro wrote to him, but don't make it personal with the fans.

Reactions: FloriDada

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
They're both in the wrong. Petro is wrong for replying to anyone criticising him on social media, especially if that person is a media member. Wyshynski is wrong for taking it too far and involving the fans.

I have a hard time taking Wyshynski seriously from now on (as non-biased), if one tweet from a player is enough to make him steep to the "lolz Panthers have no fans" -level. That is something you expect to see on a YT comment section of a Panthers highlight, not by a well known and respected NHL writer. Criticize the team all you want and disagree with whatever Petro wrote to him, but don't make it personal with the fans.
agreed on wysh but not on petro. his burn was righteous and justified.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Wyshneski is an idiot.

I remember his avatar was himself with a big cigar. Well, George Carlin pretty much summed it up best with regards to people who smoke cigars. “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, well sometimes it’s a big brown dick”

Also, I never understood the “oh I upset the 7 Panthers fans” insult. Who gives a shit how many fans a teams have?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

I don´t know the whole Story, i only want to mention something. In the modern Media Days, special in the Daily Media Buisness like FB, Twitter, and third Person Rumors more unknown they work and hope of those reaction. I agree with your Points that both Sides, maybe gone to far. But special Petrovic has some special history, wasn´t his Brother also posted for him before. When Petro get the first bad Feedback early in the Season.

Also in a thought forward or an addition, its also put the Franchise in a bad Light. Special with the more and fast Media our Days, good Franchises give their Player a proper Media schooling or practice.
Then this kind of things never happen, I also thought the practice Interviews was Petrovic sleeping on that Day.
When he can´t handle all that shit, like FB and Twitter, speak with your Agent, there are Companies who a specialize in it and do it for you. He better should think about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad