Petrovic Q&A

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Howdy guys,

Here's a Q&A I did w/ Alex Petrovic before the team hit the road.

Link: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=796987

The most interesting tidbit, in my opinion, was this little nugget about Dale Tallon:

"He’s been outstanding. In the past he’s built championship teams and everyone in the room has complete confidence in him. He’s really smart and knows what he’s doing. He had a little bit of patience with me during my years in the AHL, but I think those years helped me a lot. That’s where he really comes out. He’s smart that way. He doesn’t bring up guys and put them in bad positions. He can tell whether to keep a guy up or put him down for a season or two. He holds you accountable for everything. He’s a really good general manager and it’s showing with how well we’re doing right now."

Thanks,
Coop

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Great piece :handclap:

Parts that stood out to me were: his offensive play, the leadership Mitchell provides, and the confidence his has in this team.

Thought Petro could've just as easily wore the Spacey hoodie after the EDM game. He was real good for us.

Keep up the good work.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
That quote is very refreshing to read.

No more, "let's throw this guy to the wolves", like we seen in past regimes.

Accountability... You think that was a word used before Tallon?

After almost every shift we’ll get off the ice and start going over what we did well to what we did bad positionally. In the offensive zone you can get away with cheating or being a little more creative, but in the defensive zone you have to have a lot of structure, and Mitchey really harps on that stuff. He teaches you a lot of little things like where you want to be on the ice and how to position your stick. It’s a lot stuff of that maybe fans don’t always see. It can sometimes look like you’re not doing much out there, but if you’re in the right spot the puck will eventually come to you.

While the Bolland signing was... bad, signing Mitchell just about made up for it.

It's nice to see vets like Jagr and Mitchell come here, play well and want to teach the young guys. No more mercenaries looking out just for themselves.

I bet Gudbranson learned a lot from WM as well

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Nice read once again coop! Cant wait for the next edition of Bjugs blog!

Thanks! Tweet out some questions using #BjugysBlog and they might get answered in the upcoming blog. You can ask anything from his most memorable goal to his favorite video game.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Thanks again Coop, he's one of my personal faves. He's a great kid, parents obviously raised him right. When I ran into him at the museum in Lauderdale, he actually took the time to talk to me, ask my name, not rush me away at all..hell I abruptly ended the comversation because I didn't want to annoy him!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad