Waived: Petr Zamorsky (Unconditional) and Cedrick Desjardins

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Does Zamorsky stay NYR property? He was signed thru next year I believe.

Edit: they're unconditional waivers so I guess not?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Zamorsky has talent but it's been a rough transition for him and he's not been an everyday player for Hartford.

I've been waiting actually to hear about Diaz going back but we're halfway through November and he's still playing.

FWIW both Skjei and Graves seems to be adjusting fine and are the most projectable NHL defensemen on the team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zamorsky didn't work out. His game didn't transition to the smaller ice surface and more physical play. Unfortunate. I'm sure he'll go back to Europe and have a fine career. Some guys aren't cutout for the North American game and he was one, apparently.

Who knows what they do with Desjardins. Hellberg and Skapski are both capable AHL goalies who still have upside. Desjardins is too good to be in the ECHL. Maybe they send Skapski back down to finish shaking off the rust then deal one of the trio later.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zamorsky had been a big deal in Europe and I had hopes he'd turn into Zuccarello on defense.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Zamorsky has talent but it's been a rough transition for him and he's not been an everyday player for Hartford.

I've been waiting actually to hear about Diaz going back but we're halfway through November and he's still playing.

FWIW both Skjei and Graves seems to be adjusting fine and are the most projectable NHL defensemen on the team.

Diaz made some comments last week. It sounded like he will stick it out.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
... Who knows what they do with Desjardins. Hellberg and Skapski are both capable AHL goalies who still have upside. Desjardins is too good to be in the ECHL. Maybe they send Skapski back down to finish shaking off the rust then deal one of the trio later.

yeah or maybe if/while Skaps and Hellberg are both healthy and with HWP, they assign Cedric to another AHL team dealing with G shortage

sooner or later they're gonna need another,
i prefer Cedric to Malcolm;

but they could try to move Cedric to clear another 50-man roster spot

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Zamorsky didn't work out. His game didn't transition to the smaller ice surface and more physical play. Unfortunate. I'm sure he'll go back to Europe and have a fine career. Some guys aren't cutout for the North American game and he was one, apparently.

Who knows what they do with Desjardins. Hellberg and Skapski are both capable AHL goalies who still have upside. Desjardins is too good to be in the ECHL. Maybe they send Skapski back down to finish shaking off the rust then deal one of the trio later.

Very unfortunate to see Zamo not pan out. Sucks.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zamorsky had been a big deal in Europe and I had hopes he'd turn into Zuccarello on defense.

Remember that Zamorsky didn't work out in Finland last season either.

I don't mind holding onto his rights. He isn't ready, not even remotely, but he has good offensive ability. Need a few years though at least.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
After playing last season with the Calgary Flames, Diaz signed with the Rangers on the first day of NHL free agency, July 1, this past summer. That began a second tour of duty for the 5-11, 197-pound blueliner with the Ranger organization, after he had finished the 2013-14 campaign in New York. Certainly finding himself in the AHL was not what Diaz had planned on when re-joined the Rangers, but he remains optimistic that it will turn out to be a good fit for him with the organization.

“Absolutely,” he affirmed, “let’s see what happens in the future. I’m going to focus myself on what happens now, I think this (playing with the Wolf Pack) is really important, and the rest, we’ll see what happens.”

One thing Diaz is trying hard to do in the “here and now” is to help a Wolf Pack offense that has suffered through an ice-cold stretch get hot. As a skilled puck-mover with an accurate shot, Diaz certainly has the tools to make a big impact on the attack, but he doesn’t want himself, or any of his fellow backliners, to get too carried away with a mania to create offense.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/news/detail/diaz-impressed-with-ahls-skill-level

The Rangers could include him in a deal.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Remember that Zamorsky didn't work out in Finland last season either.

I don't mind holding onto his rights. He isn't ready, not even remotely, but he has good offensive ability. Need a few years though at least.
he's on unconditional waivers, so that seems to clear up a contract spot and we do lose his rights

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
he's on unconditional waivers, so that seems to clear up a contract spot and we do lose his rights

i am not sure 'we do lose his rights' is accurate,
there was a note somewhere yesterday that he'd be considered an RFA,
(sorry I didn't note the source then, and cant find it now)
perhaps based on age and (limited) seniority

That said, not sure how long that lasts under current CBA and transfer rules.
NYR rights to Pashnin, Valentenko and Gorokhov lasted long past their beginning to play elsewhere
(also FYI my understanding is Klingberg can rejoin NYR without waivers in the spring if/when available and wanted)

its unfortunate because HWP inevitably suffers multiple D injuries by mid-season,
the ice time would have come.
Donnay and Curran are standing by in Greenville,
or when needed they'll find another Dallas Jackson type (44 g w HWP last year) role-playing journeyman D

Last edited:

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
This opens up a couple of contract spots toward 50, if they want to make a deal or sign NCAA/European free agents.

opens up 1 spot.

Cedric waivers were procedural, in support of assigning him to HWP; he couldn't be assigned until healthy (same waivers as with gibbons, adam, megna, bourque, summers, diaz, tarnsaky, etc)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This opens up a couple of contract spots toward 50, if they want to make a deal or sign NCAA/European free agents.

Just one spot opens. It's mid-season so anyone worthwhile in Europe is under contract to another club. The college guys won't sign until after their season ends. They could maybe find an NHL free agent willing to take the minimum to play out the year in Hartford, where they really need help up front.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Thanks for the clarification. It does give them some breathing room if they make a trade; can bring in 1 more contract than they are sending out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->