Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The youngest player on the Wellington Dukes roster Panetta scored the GWG yesterday in the semi-finals. The team has 7 NCAA Div 1 commits.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I...... don't see that. I don't even see how SDA is ahead of Gogolev let alone those other 2

I think SDA is gunna be a star OHL player. 90 point guy by the time he leaves the league... but pro potential is limited, IMO. He may play pro over in KHL but NHL.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Interesting thing just happened. A friend, (Seasons Ticket Holder) of mine has been going on and on about how she can't find the length (1yr, 2 yr etc) of Rob Wilson's contract because there isn't anything published. Usually the contract lengths are published in the standard press release.

She phoned the Petes office, Cathy Webster didn't know the answer but would find out and said she'd phone my friend back. No return call, so my friend phoned Cathy back and Cathy said she had totally forgot to ask, so she asked then and said " it's confidential, and nobody knows, but if you really want to know talk to Mike Oke."

My friend asked if Mike was in and was told no so she left a message on his voice mail.

Does anyone know the length of the contract?
It is an odd thing to keep secret and normally who cares..... but the Petes front office is acting a bit weird.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Interesting thing just happened. A friend, (Seasons Ticket Holder) of mine has been going on and on about how she can't find the length (1yr, 2 yr etc) of Rob Wilson's contract because there isn't anything published. Usually the contract lengths are published in the standard press release.

She phoned the Petes office, Cathy Webster didn't know the answer but would find out and said she'd phone my friend back. No return call, so my friend phoned Cathy back and Cathy said she had totally forgot to ask, so she asked then and said " it's confidential, and nobody knows, but if you really want to know talk to Mike Oke."

My friend asked if Mike was in and was told no so she left a message on his voice mail.

It is an odd thing to keep secret and normally who cares..... but the Petes front office is acting a bit weird.

I thought it was three years... not sure where I got that number though... thought I read it somewhere.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I find this quote about Cuylle from this video to be a headscratcher.

"He hates to lose... let's figure out a way to win... how do we fix what's going on right now"

I guess implied there is, "...as long as it isn't too difficult"

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I find this quote about Cuylle from this video to be a headscratcher.

"He hates to lose... let's figure out a way to win... how do we fix what's going on right now"

I guess implied there is, "...as long as it isn't too difficult"

It seems very clear to me actually

"He hates to lose" PBO is seen as not a top organization

"Let's figure out a way to win" That way is getting trade to a top team or going to a good NCAA school

Seems black and white, no? Lol

Reactions: NorthernVoice

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

No, you guys are asking Cathy to find out and then say in on a public forum!! Geez

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
It seems very clear to me actually

"He hates to lose" PBO is seen as not a top organization

"Let's figure out a way to win" That way is getting trade to a top team or going to a good NCAA school

Seems black and white, no? Lol
Let him play tier 2 then ncaa and piss away his draft ranking...prime example jack Mcbain he’s dropped a ton playing tier 2...makes 0 sense for top guys to play tier 2 and ncaa but go ahead cause I’d make him sit....you show up or play tier 2 bye bye Petes have a beauty a real first rounder in butler you’ll see!!!

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I would let Cuylie sit, let him follow his NYR Jr A plans - not a fan of the pre draft interview
He is a good payer and I would also select him on any team I was involved in but the attitude would need to change

It'll never happen. Cuylle will play for Niagara, Windsor or Erie. Book it.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Hoping for Maxim Cajkovic or Liam Kirk in thr CHL Import Draft which is only 28 days away....

Do you guys think Babintsev returns? I like him for his simplicity amd defense first style... but I could see management trying to upgrade.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Hoping for Maxim Cajkovic or Liam Kirk in thr CHL Import Draft which is only 28 days away....

Do you guys think Babintsev returns? I like him for his simplicity amd defense first style... but I could see management trying to upgrade.

I hope that if management chooses to upgrade the defense it is not at Babintsev's expense. I expect him to take a significant step forward in his development this season as he will be better adjusted to everything.

McNamara is not going anywhere....... hometown boy who had a good year last year IMO.

Beraldo was more injured last season than anyone let on.....he will be coming back from shoulder or arm surgery. Much will depend on how he looks out of the gate, but he may be a player that is eventually moved.

Fraser is a guy that they could move and get a decent return for. I think this would help improve the team chemistry. The relationship between the new coach and Fraser will probably factor into that.

Osmanski (98) Chisholm (00)
Fraser (99) Babintsev (00)
McNamara (00) Supryka (01)
Beraldo (00)

Timms(98)?????

As far as Maxim Cajkovic or Liam Kirk go ..........I like the potential for both players, if added to this lineup.
When is the last time a player from GB was picked in the CHL draft and played in the OHL? How good will Kirk be against tougher competition?

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I hope that if management chooses to upgrade the defense it is not at Babintsev's expense. I expect him to take a significant step forward in his development this season as he will be better adjusted to everything.

McNamara is not going anywhere....... hometown boy who had a good year last year IMO.

Beraldo was more injured last season than anyone let on.....he will be coming back from shoulder or arm surgery. Much will depend on how he looks out of the gate, but he may be a player that is eventually moved.

Fraser is a guy that they could move and get a decent return for. I think this would help improve the team chemistry. The relationship between the new coach and Fraser will probably factor into that.

Osmanski (98) Chisholm (00)
Fraser (99) Babintsev (00)
McNamara (00) Supryka (01)
Beraldo (00)

Timms(98)?????

As far as Maxim Cajkovic or Liam Kirk go ..........I like the potential for both players, if added to this lineup.
When is the last time a player from GB was picked in the CHL draft and played in the OHL? How good will Kirk be against tougher competition?

Cajkovic is a stud... that would be an absolute homerun of an import pick...

Kirk obviously is a bit of a wildcard but seems to be on NHL teams radar's and has played in a pro league since age 16. He's also ALL in on CHL as his former team has already replaced him and wished him luck in upcoming season.

Therefore, he should be easy to recruit.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Has anyone heard that Jason Robertson might be a Pete?
Kingston needs draft picks and the Petes have plenty of them to trade.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Has anyone heard that Jason Robertson might be a Pete?
Kingston needs draft picks and the Petes have plenty of them to trade.

No. Wouldn't make any sense... Robertson will be sent to a contender. Petes are at the beginning of a likely long rebuild.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I was only asking because my Frontenac friends are saying JR wants to play with his brother in Peterborough.
Just some friendly fan banter-

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I was only asking because my Frontenac friends are saying JR wants to play with his brother in Peterborough.
Just some friendly fan banter-

It would be cool, don't get me wrong. Just can't see how it would work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad