Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
now petes use Jones and he has a great game for a petes win in shootout beating ktown twice back to back. loving this depth they have currently

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
how was ang 1st star with 0pts 0 shots and a -1 in game????? shootout goal only. very generous :laugh:

Last edited:

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Stillman's coming here at the deadline, right? :naughty:
I've heard rumblings that Riley Stillman is not happy in Oshawa and has requested a trade from a reliable source. Would the Generals even consider trading him to the Petes?! I just can't see it happening. Besides, I believe that he is interested in playing in Sudbury for hid Dad. Another interesting scenario to keep an eye on.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I've heard rumblings that Riley Stillman is not happy in Oshawa and has requested a trade from a reliable source. Would the Generals even consider trading him to the Petes?! I just can't see it happening. Besides, I believe that he is interested in playing in Sudbury for hid Dad. Another interesting scenario to keep an eye on.
I haven't heard any rumours, it just makes sense to me as the type of deadline addition the Petes need.

In terms of trading to the Petes, if they're trading him at all it's because they're looking at next year, so why not weaken your rival by taking players/picks away from their future and adding them to your own (I'm a big believer in inter-division trades in a buy/sell scenario).

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Love the way the Petes are playing right now. Both games against Kingston the Petes really stymied the Fronts on their own zone exits. Kingston didn't get a lot of clean entries into Petes end which is important to stop guys like Robertson. Today have to to do the same against Sudbury and Sokolov. LAst night I kept thinking Wells was in net when it was Jones. Similar size and style?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Love the way the Petes are playing right now. Both games against Kingston the Petes really stymied the Fronts on their own zone exits. Kingston didn't get a lot of clean entries into Petes end which is important to stop guys like Robertson. Today have to to do the same against Sudbury and Sokolov. LAst night I kept thinking Wells was in net when it was Jones. Similar size and style?

Jones looked very comfortable in his 2nd OHL start and at times he did look very "Wells-esque".

Puck pursuit and winning more than 50% on the board/corner battles has been a big difference maker in tipping the shots on goal in the Petes direction IMO.

The team did a nice job of staying patient despite facing another hot goalie. I'm sure it's frustrating when the opposing goalie is standing on his head, but the constant pressure the Petes are applying is still wearing down the opposition and eventually should result in a goal.

Nice to see Osmanski score his first as a Pete. He and Chisholm seem to be gelling as a pair.

Good test today, playing their 3rd in 2.9 days........ hopefully they can keep their foot on the gas, outshoot the Wolves and picked up a win in regulation.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

I haven't heard this, but I've been shocked at how terrible Riley has been so far this year. Idk if he's injured or what (and he's never been a great skater) but so far this season he looks 1-2 steps slower than last year and it hasn't been pretty

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Wolves took way too many penalties but I like the Petes team. Several excellent forwards, you guys are my pick to win the Conference.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I think Petes stay in 1st going forward. No disrespect meant to the rest of the division but I think this Petes team cruises to first. Better team than last year's first place team by a wide margin IMO.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think Petes stay in 1st going forward. No disrespect meant to the rest of the division but I think this Petes team cruises to first. Better team than last year's first place team by a wide margin IMO.

As someone who's a fan in the division I agree. There's no other team in the Eastern division who will challenge the Petes this year. Hamilton has a nice roster but the Petes are better in almost every category than them

Reactions: NorthernVoice

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
The most pleasant surprise this year is the young defensmen, Babintsev, McNamara, Beraldo and Chisholm. We knew Chisholm can play from last year and he is looking even better this year. With Timms (PP quarterback and 2nd top point-getter last year) and Fraser (leads in plus-minus before injury) being out with injury the Petes defense has played solidly. It's a credit to coaching too that the young guys are making few mistakes.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The most pleasant surprise this year is the young defensmen, Babintsev, McNamara, Beraldo and Chisholm. We knew Chisholm can play from last year and he is looking even better this year. With Timms (PP quarterback and 2nd top point-getter last year) and Fraser (leads in plus-minus before injury) being out with injury the Petes defense has played solidly. It's a credit to coaching too that the young guys are making few mistakes.

I couldn’t agree more. I do feel bad for Beraldo and McNamara especially though because they will become healthy scratches within the next couple of weeks and it won’t be because they are playing poorly at all. This Petes team will be strong again next year as well with these young D showing they can play.

I’m interested to hear what everyone thinks GM Oke should do as far as future moves go. It seems like there isn’t a rush to make a move now, so that’s great. If everyone is healthy are there any moves that should be made? We will need to see what a fully healthy lineup looks like against the better teams....OS, Soo, Sarnia, Barrie, Kitchener.

I guess the real question is.....will the Petes need to upgrade on defence? If so who do they target?.....Sambrook, Day, Dineen, Mete (?).
If they do acquire a Dman, who goes the other way and who gets bumped out of the top 6 D?

So many questions with no obvious answers, but Oke has put himself in a great position with the talent and depth he has. At this point he has to be in the running for GM of the year.

Reactions: Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I couldn’t agree more. I do feel bad for Beraldo and McNamara especially though because they will become healthy scratches within the next couple of weeks and it won’t be because they are playing poorly at all. This Petes team will be strong again next year as well with these young D showing they can play.

I’m interested to hear what everyone thinks GM Oke should do as far as future moves go. It seems like there isn’t a rush to make a move now, so that’s great. If everyone is healthy are there any moves that should be made? We will need to see what a fully healthy lineup looks like against the better teams....OS, Soo, Sarnia, Barrie, Kitchener.

I guess the real question is.....will the Petes need to upgrade on defence? If so who do they target?.....Sambrook, Day, Dineen, Mete (?).
If they do acquire a Dman, who goes the other way and who gets bumped out of the top 6 D?

So many questions with no obvious answers, but Oke has put himself in a great position with the talent and depth he has. At this point he has to be in the running for GM of the year.

Couldn't agree more. I think it's safe to say... there isn't anyone out there I would move Robertson for. Robertson and Gogolev together moving forward is going to be a pretty dynamic duo.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I won't be surprised if Oke does nothing more with the defence. That's assuming they are healthy at the deadline. Who sits if they acquire someone else? Babintsev? Who sits so that Babintsev can play, Chisholm? I don't see it.

Isaacsons spot in the top 9 is the only thing I don't think should be safe.

If Mississauga were to sell, Moverare or Michnac (if they are allowed to trade him)
would be an improvement over Svoboda. Both would be relatively cheap options being Europeans in their final year.

Last edited:

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Insightful comments about decisions for Oke going forward.
He is really in a holding pattern to wait and see how the roster he has handles their business and whether any major health concerns arise.

So here is a new question......
Rank the following 98’s according to their value playing for the Petes as OAs next year. We’ll assume that they are all sent back even though that’s probably not likely.

Paquette
Wells
Dow
Ang
Timms
Timleck
Osmanski

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Insightful comments about decisions for Oke going forward.
He is really in a holding pattern to wait and see how the roster he has handles their business and whether any major health concerns arise.

So here is a new question......
Rank the following 98’s according to their value playing for the Petes as OAs next year. We’ll assume that they are all sent back even though that’s probably not likely.

Paquette
Wells
Dow
Ang
Timms
Timleck
Osmanski

Wells
Ang
Timms
Timleck
Paquette
Osmanski
Dow

I think it will be Timms, Timleck and Paquette that stick around next season.. Osmanski would make a great OA but with how many returning D we have... I don't see it.

Timms-Fraser
Chisholm-Babintsev
Beraldo-McNamara
Supryka

This means we could get away with using both the import pick and our first priority selection on forwards to replace the scoring we will lose from Ang, Koro and DeNoble.

Gogolev-SDA-Timleck
Import-Gallant-Paquette
Isaacson-Robertson-JPJ
??????-First Pick-Denault

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Wells
Ang
Timms
Timleck
Paquette
Osmanski
Dow

I think it will be Timms, Timleck and Paquette that stick around next season.. Osmanski would make a great OA but with how many returning D we have... I don't see it.

Timms-Fraser
Chisholm-Babintsev
Beraldo-McNamara
Supryka

This means we could get away with using both the import pick and our first priority selection on forwards to replace the scoring we will lose from Ang, Koro and DeNoble.

Gogolev-SDA-Timleck
Import-Gallant-Paquette
Isaacson-Robertson-JPJ
??????-First Pick-Denault
i would have the exact order

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I am watching tv tonight ,flipping between the Leafs and Mr.D and you’ll never believe who had a role on Mr.D.......Hunter Garlent.

Former Pete Hunter Garlent has the acting bug!

Reactions: Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Brady Lyle has reportedly requested a deal out of NB. This is the defenseman we need. Break the bank for him. Do it Oke!!!

Timms-Lyle
Osmanski-Fraser
Black-Babintsev
McNamara

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brady Lyle has reportedly requested a deal out of NB. This is the defenseman we need. Break the bank for him. Do it Oke!!!

Timms-Lyle
Osmanski-Fraser
Black-Babintsev
McNamara

No offence to Lyle but you're not winning an OHL championship with him in your top 2....

Edit: I should add that he isn't that guy yet. Not saying he won't become that guy later in his OHL career, but for a "win-now" team like the Petes, you need a guy who's "that guy" now (in my opinion)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad