Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Anyone know why no Hunter Jones this weekend with 3-in-4? I know Wells is a stud (I personally think he's the best in the league) but Jones is a bright young prospect too, as Wells once was. Maybe Jones is hurt otherwise seems weird (outside fan looking in, you guys would know more about the situation than I would)

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Korostelev no longer with the Marlies.

Marlies website says they've sent 9 guys down to Orlando, but doesn't say who yet.

It does say 5 guys have been released though and Korostelev isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Korostelev no longer with the Marlies.

Marlies website says they've sent 9 guys down to Orlando, but doesn't say who yet.

It does say 5 guys have been released though and Korostelev isn't one of them.

Korostelev is indeed headed to Orlando.

With the Leafs making their cuts today, the marlies will have 19 forwards remaining in camp. You'd have to imagine at least 5 of those will be sent to Orlando. Orlando had already committed to close to 10 forwards as well....

I'm still fairly confident Koro wears a Petes jersey this season at some point.

Last edited:

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Anyone know why no Hunter Jones this weekend with 3-in-4? I know Wells is a stud (I personally think he's the best in the league) but Jones is a bright young prospect too, as Wells once was. Maybe Jones is hurt otherwise seems weird (outside fan looking in, you guys would know more about the situation than I would)
They probably played Wells because the Petes needed a rebound win after losing to Niagara the day before. Can't go down to 1-3 record when this is supposed to be a winning year. With Timms out the Petes defense is young so play your best goalie in "must-win" games. . Hopefully Jones gets in this week.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
What do You guys think the lines will be once Paquette and DeNoble are healthy?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If Paquette is back for Thursday's game, but Denoble is out then I think they slide Korostelev into Denoble's spot and leave the other two lines the way they were......

Korostelev(R) (97) (OA) – Ang(R) (98) – Timleck(R) (98)
Isaacson(L)(99) – Gallant(L) (99) – Paquette(R) (98)
Gogolev(L) (00) – SDA(R) (00) – Dow (R) (98)
Svoboda(L) (99) – Robertson (L) (01) – Rollo(L) (97) (OA)

Parker-Jones (R) (00) Denault (R)(00)
DeNoble(L) (97) (OA)

If both Denoble and Paquette are playing Thursday, I guess Isaacson gets bumped out of the top 9? That's a tough call though because he has played well so far, very aggressive on the fore-check and definitely brings some much needed grit up front.

DeNoble(L) (97) (OA) – Ang(R) (98) – Timleck(R) (98)
Gallant(L) (99) – Paquette(R) (98) – Dow (R) (98)
Gogolev(L) (00) – SDA(R) (00) – Korostelev(R) (97) (OA) :) (RNI line)
Svoboda(L) (99) – Robertson (L) (01) – Isaacson(L)(99)

Rollo(L) (97) (OA) Parker-Jones (R) (00) Denault (R)(00)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
If Paquette is back for Thursday's game, but Denoble is out then I think they slide Korostelev into Denoble's spot and leave the other two lines the way they were......

Korostelev(R) (97) (OA) – Ang(R) (98) – Timleck(R) (98)
Isaacson(L)(99) – Gallant(L) (99) – Paquette(R) (98)
Gogolev(L) (00) – SDA(R) (00) – Dow (R) (98)
Svoboda(L) (99) – Robertson (L) (01) – Rollo(L) (97) (OA)

Parker-Jones (R) (00) Denault (R)(00)
DeNoble(L) (97) (OA)

If both Denoble and Paquette are playing Thursday, I guess Isaacson gets bumped out of the top 9? That's a tough call though because he has played well so far, very aggressive on the fore-check and definitely brings some much needed grit up front.

DeNoble(L) (97) (OA) – Ang(R) (98) – Timleck(R) (98)
Gallant(L) (99) – Paquette(R) (98) – Dow (R) (98)
Gogolev(L) (00) – SDA(R) (00) – Korostelev(R) (97) (OA) :) (RNI line)
Svoboda(L) (99) – Robertson (L) (01) – Isaacson(L)(99)

Rollo(L) (97) (OA) Parker-Jones (R) (00) Denault (R)(00)

That's not bad... Gallant has to stay in the middle though. One of Paquette or Dow would have to play their off wing. You don't take one of the league's best face off guys out of the middle.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
That's not bad... Gallant has to stay in the middle though. One of Paquette or Dow would have to play their off wing. You don't take one of the league's best face off guys out of the middle.
I would still have Galllant taking the face-offs as well.....a number of guys seem to be OK playing their off-wing and it doesn't seem to hurt their game.

I'm thinking maybe Oke will trade some guys just for picks and then turn around and use the picks to help sweeten the pot in a trade offer for a top Dman. I know that a number of people are anxious for Oke to make that deal soon, but maybe waiting awhile is the best plan. In the meantime, the young D can get some much needed experience and maybe a forward or two are dealt for picks. It seems like it will be a buyer's market this year with a number of teams looking at a rebuild (Windsor, Erie, maybe London.....) It's not important that the Petes are a dominant team in the first 10 games of the season........it's the last 10 - 15 games of the season when it needs to all come together (see Missy last year)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes trade Rollo to London in exchange for a conditional fourth round pick in 2018. The pick can become a third potentially... the conditions were not made available.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
What can you guys tell me about rollo
Work ethic? Type of player? Leadership? Thanks in advance

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

He will be one of.. if not the hardest working player on the ice. Terrific skater... excellent penalty killer. Was off to a fantastic start to the season offensively here. When Korostelev was returned the writing was on the wall so to speak... Hope he does well with you guys.

Reactions: Maroonlady

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016

Great "team guy", will do whatever he is asked to do, always has a smile on his face, I'm sure he's great in the dressing room. Before he was traded he was one of the top PKers, played the point on the PP and played anywhere he was needed on the 4th to the 2nd line. I know Korostelev will be a big offensive boost, but I'm worried about filling some of those roles that Rolllo had with someone who can be as effective. I wish him all the best in London.

Reactions: Maroonlady

Maroonlady

Sep 20, 2017
Tyler Rollo is the hardest working player, every time he hits the ice. This year he has been getting assists and goals that make a difference. He is positive and funny and Friendly , we are not happy about this trade, he keeps going when others give up.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Look for the Petes to possibly add Dman Cole Cameron from Owen Sound. He is a right shot, 98 dman who is on the bubble and is definitely available. He is definitely not a top end Dman (like the Petes will need to acquire before the deadline in January), but as a stop gap measure while Timms is out he might help. Don't expect too much though........think Troy Henley.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Wow, great unexpected pick up on Korostelev return as an OA. Thought he'd be gone. Looks like the Petes made a great trade to land Korostelev, expeciallly now that they have him return as an OA.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Look for the Petes to possibly add Dman Cole Cameron from Owen Sound. He is a right shot, 98 dman who is on the bubble and is definitely available. He is definitely not a top end Dman (like the Petes will need to acquire before the deadline in January), but as a stop gap measure while Timms is out he might help. Don't expect too much though........think Troy Henley.

Have you heard this or just speculating?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Tonight is the first game I'm making it down to. A question about Robertson - he has 4 points in 4 games and the players getting goals/assists on the same play include Ang, Gogolev, Rollo, Timleck, Denoble... I see that he has nominally been on the 4th line so far, is it just a case of the coaches being quick to jump him up on to other lines to provide a spark, or how has he been used?

Also, did anyone else have issues with their account with this board change? I can't login with my NV account :(

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Have you heard this or just speculating?
Just looking around the league at who seem to be spare parts or getting little ice time. I hear that Nick Grima is not getting many shifts in Sarnia......I'd rather get him back in Peterborough than add Cole Cameron. Grima is a right shot 99....he would definitely cost more, but how much more, I'm not sure. The problem is that Sarnia is in the same boat as the Petes.....pretty strong group of forwards, great goalie and weaker on defense, so I'm not sure they would be interested in dealing Grima.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Tonight is the first game I'm making it down to. A question about Robertson - he has 4 points in 4 games and the players getting goals/assists on the same play include Ang, Gogolev, Rollo, Timleck, Denoble... I see that he has nominally been on the 4th line so far, is it just a case of the coaches being quick to jump him up on to other lines to provide a spark, or how has he been used?

Also, did anyone else have issues with their account with this board change? I can't login with my NV account :(
The Petes appear to be easing Robertson in. Plays on the 4th line mostly with some time on the PP. Some of his points were scored in the middle of a line change which put him on the ice with different line mates. Other times the lines got shuffled slightly due to multiple PK situations.
He is a gamer....very fast, shifty and great vision when passing the puck. He really should be playing top 9 sooner rather than later, but the Petes are so top-heavy at forward, I'm not sure who he would bump to the 4th line. Looking forward to tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->