Peter Mueller

Transported Upstater

I think he has a good shot of making the Phoenix roster next season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Mueller has a very good two way game. He's expected to be on the starting roster for next year. It would be more of a shock if he didn't make the team.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
About two months ago I would have said there is no doubt about it..Mueller will be a Coyote next season. But now I am not so sure, and I dont think it has anything to do with his playing.

Within the past 3-4 weeks Phoenix has seen a very good developement in their organization, and that is the emergence of Bill Thomas, and of the "where the heck have you been for the past five years" performance of Jeff Taffe.

Both of these young/er players may fill up two full-time spots next season, especially Thomas who looks like a real keeper. I just dont know how much of a youth movement The Great One wants. But if Peter comes into camp and just kicks butt, I can't see them saying we dont have room for you considering that they have a few vets that need to go, i.e. Roenick who might have seen his last days as a NHLer this season.

Transported Upstater

Mueller has a very good two way game. He's expected to be on the starting roster for next year. It would be more of a shock if he didn't make the team.

Maybe centering the 3rd line or so?

I'm asking, I don't know. :)

How was he in camp last year?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
About two months ago I would have said there is no doubt about it..Mueller will be a Coyote next season. But now I am not so sure, and I dont think it has anything to do with his playing.

Within the past 3-4 weeks Phoenix has seen a very good developement in their organization, and that is the emergence of Bill Thomas, and of the "where the heck have you been for the past five years" performance of Jeff Taffe.

Both of these young/er players may fill up two full-time spots next season, especially Thomas who looks like a real keeper. I just dont know how much of a youth movement The Great One wants. But if Peter comes into camp and just kicks butt, I can't see them saying we dont have room for you considering that they have a few vets that need to go, i.e. Roenick who might have seen his last days as a NHLer this season.

I don't know if I would say that. The 3rd period last night against Dallas was pathetic. They may be playing well, but is that translating to wins? This is the same situation I see in Columbus, in that some guys may be playing well, but the team still needs fresh bodies to generate wins. Mueller is in next season IMO, put him on a line with Shane Doan.

Transported Upstater

I don't know if I would say that. The 3rd period last night against Dallas was pathetic. They may be playing well, but is that translating to wins? This is the same situation I see in Columbus, in that some guys may be playing well, but the team still needs fresh bodies to generate wins. Mueller is in next season IMO, put him on a line with Shane Doan.

I think playing for a very defensive-minded (and successful; they'll contend for the Memorial Cup) team in Everett has helped out Mueller tremendously.

He's well-rounded, and a pure creator on the offensive end. Put a sniper on his line and watch him flourish.

I loved the pick at the time for Phoenix, and I love it even more now. I personally had Mueller rated 6th in my personal ratings at the time of the draft...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I am not saying they are going to be all-stars, I am just simply saying that others have stepped up and made a big push for roster spots next season. Last time I checked, 2 players does not make up a team. Does Bill Thomas play goal too??? Having positive young players is a great thing to have, Phoenix may not be winning, but it is not any reflection on the way these two players have played the past few weeks.

Peter Mueller will be a great talent, I just dont know if he will get the complete shot next season.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Will he make the Coyotes next year? Probably.

Would he make most team's rosters? Probably not.

The playing time will be good for him though, IMO.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Maybe centering the 3rd line or so?

How was he in camp last year?

From memory he was unexpectedly one of the last cuts.. almost made the team. I dont think he will play the third line.. I think its more likely they would try him in the top six to use his creativity.. perhaps as a left winger now Nagy is gone.

ShootThePuckCoyotes

Jul 13, 2006
Phoenix
I am not saying they are going to be all-stars, I am just simply saying that others have stepped up and made a big push for roster spots next season. Last time I checked, 2 players does not make up a team. Does Bill Thomas play goal too??? Having positive young players is a great thing to have, Phoenix may not be winning, but it is not any reflection on the way these two players have played the past few weeks.

Peter Mueller will be a great talent, I just dont know if he will get the complete shot next season.

Gretzky has pretty much said that another year in Juniors would hurt him, apparently he might get bored, and because he is too young for the AHL he will make the Yotes. It is all but set in stone he will be on the team next year.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
While it might have just been ear candy for us prospect lovers, Gretzky has said the team will go with a youth movement (though it remains to be seen just how committed to this he will be). I expect Mueller to play on the 2nd line next year, but it really looks like we have about 20 players to fill 12 spots. I'd expect a lot of low-level moves or waiver wire action from the Coyotes this offseason.

As of now, we have the following forwards either under contract for next year or expected to be, those with top line potential in bold:

Mathis Tjarnqvist, Dan Carcillo, Josh Gratton, Steve Reinprecht, Martin Hanzal, Enver Lisin, Alex Kaigorodov, Peter Mueller, Shane Doan, Owen Nolan, Freddie Sjostrom, Bill Thomas, Jeff Taffe, Kevyn Adams, Niko Kapanen, Dave Scatchard, Patrick Fischer, and Mike Zigomanis.

That's 18 guys right there, plus the handful that Mike Barnett promised to acquire. Given the sheer amount of cap room this team will have, it wouldn't surprise me to see a big name center brought in. I'm hoping a lot of the bottom line players are moved for whatever, even future considerations. We have over a dozen bottom six players. That really doesn't make sense.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
He'll be a yote next year, he was a late cut last year. I'd expect a good 40 pt. season out of him.

Hordichuk_24

He's still extremely soft and becomes invisible when teams consistantly go after him with the body. There's no questioning his skill level but I'm not sure how well he'll fair playing against bigger and stronger players. Then again this day and age the game isn't as physical so he might not have as much of a problem fitting in.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
He's still extremely soft and becomes invisible when teams consistantly go after him with the body. There's no questioning his skill level but I'm not sure how well he'll fair playing against bigger and stronger players. Then again this day and age the game isn't as physical so he might not have as much of a problem fitting in.

Physicality for the Coyote prospects is a huge concern IMO, especially up the middle. Mueller and Hanzal both could be a little bit stronger in the corners and really use their respected sizes to their advantage.

Mueller is a figure skater in the corners, that's why they had to pick up Gutierrez to play on his line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad