Peter Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Mueller missed all in all 6 games through the WJC (the Silvertips played only 3 games during the WJC but they also gave Mueller a week off after playing for Team USA and he returned home to Bloomington for some rest, so he missed another 3 games after the tournament ended). He also missed one game because of the Top Prospects game. And he finally missed another six games in late January and early February due to injury and illness, the first three because of a concussion, and he then fell victim to illness (case of strep throat) just as he was set to return from the concussion. He also missed a handful of games throughout the season (~ one every month) due to minor injuries or illness.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Since there is a thread on him already, can someone tell me more about Mueller's game? I understand that he is quite highly rated but his stats don't seem to match. That's not unusual, however. Can someone tell me what kind of player he is and what other aspects of his game have him so highly rated?

Thanks. :)

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Vikke said:
timlap: I haven't seen him very much, but from what I _have_ seen, he's got great hands and good vision. Plus, he's big and not afraid to use his body.
Thanks, Vikke. :)

TipsFan13

Nov 1, 2005
Whl

timlap said:
Since there is a thread on him already, can someone tell me more about Mueller's game? I understand that he is quite highly rated but his stats don't seem to match. That's not unusual, however. Can someone tell me what kind of player he is and what other aspects of his game have him so highly rated?

Thanks. :)

Simply put... The WhL has much higher quality of play and higher level of competition than NCAA hockey. The players become developed much sooner which creates a much larger talent pool to draw from. Also Mueller is one of the tp rookies in the league so he draws much attention especially towards the end of the year.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
TipsFan13 said:
Simply put... The WhL has much higher quality of play and higher level of competition than NCAA hockey. The players become developed much sooner which creates a much larger talent pool to draw from. Also Mueller is one of the tp rookies in the league so he draws much attention especially towards the end of the year.
Well Tips, it quite dubious to suggest that the WHL is a higher level than the NCAA and it doesn't really answer my question. I can see your point about him getting a lot of attention, though. How would you describe Mueller's strengths?

TipsFan13

Nov 1, 2005
Mueller

Great vision on the ice in terms of being able to spot many alternative option when passing on the PP and full strength. An asset on the PK, being good in the neutral zone while on PK. Fast break outs of speed with puck when on breakways or 2-1 opportunity. He's not easy to move around either so he is able to take a stuff check into the boards or open ice. One of the major traits i have noticed is dedication to the team and team motivation towards the other players. There will definetely be a C on his jersy in the near future. While he can put the puck in the net, I think he is mainly a playmaker, someone who makes everyone on his line a better player. If you are familiar with the silvertips of Everett, Alex Leavitt who now plays for the Alaska Aces was on the sam e line as Torrie Wheat last year and his production skyrocketed with the vision of ALex to get him the puck. The same is ture this year with Peter on his line. I hope this answers your quetion.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Here's the skinny on what I've seen of Peter Mueller. He has very good hands as stated above and is very good both behind the net and especially infront of the net on the powerplay. He also was one of the top penalty killers on the USA WJC team despite being their youngest player. His leadership qualities are a strength also. His detractors will tell you that his skating is subpar, but I would expect that to improve. He's not Super slow, but he tends to lumber around at times, but at 17 the sky is the limit for him. I would love for the Blues to use Carolina's late 1st rounder and maybe package Brewer to move up and pick him along with their likely top 3 pick(hopefully Erik Johnson).

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
St.Louis sports fan said:
Here's the skinny on what I've seen of Peter Mueller. He has very good hands as stated above and is very good both behind the net and especially infront of the net on the powerplay. He also was one of the top penalty killers on the USA WJC team despite being their youngest player. His leadership qualities are a strength also. His detractors will tell you that his skating is subpar, but I would expect that to improve. He's not Super slow, but he tends to lumber around at times, but at 17 the sky is the limit for him. I would love for the Blues to use Carolina's late 1st rounder and maybe package Brewer to move up and pick him along with their likely top 3 pick(hopefully Erik Johnson).
I think you'll have a tough time getting anything for Brewer considering he will be a UFA this summer.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Good point. There's alot of talk on the Blues board about trading him so I jumped on board with it. I'd still like to put a package together to move up in the first round with our second pick. Hopefully guys like Nigel Williams,Niklas Backstrom, Toews, Staal, and others occupy teams in the top ten so Mueller slides down so the Blues could jump in and nab him like New Jersey did with Parise.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
St.Louis sports fan said:

Sounds very much like a player the Blues could use in their system... especially to restock the forward ranks if, as expected, a number of forward prospects -- Kahnberg, MacMurchy, Birner, maybe Soderberg -- join David Backes and turn pro in North America.

Brewer, Carolina's first, and what else would be required to move up high enough to be able to get Mueller?

P_B

:bow: :blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->