Recalled/Assigned: Peter Holland recalled. Nieves assigned to Hartford.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Just seems like shuffling deck chairs on a sinking ship. Doesn't really address any problems. If we're gonna suck I'd rather the young guy get minutes.

Besides being young has Nieves brought much to the table though? He's been really inconsistent especially in the defensive zone. He's been responsible for 3 or 4 goals on his own off the top of my head from dumb turnovers or losing his man. DD is more equipped as a 3rd line center than Boo right now. I think Boo will make it back and am happy Letteri is here to stay for now instead of Boo. Just wish Buch was in Letteri spot on tonight's line up. Sure Buch is struggling but I'm sure a worthy line mate would help

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Besides being young has Nieves brought much to the table though? He's been really inconsistent especially in the defensive zone. He's been responsible for 3 or 4 goals on his own off the top of my head from dumb turnovers or losing his man. DD is more equipped as a 3rd line center than Boo right now. I think Boo will make it back and am happy Letteri is here to stay for now instead of Boo. Just wish Buch was in Letteri spot on tonight's line up. Sure Buch is struggling but I'm sure a worthy line mate would help
He's a young player, inconsistency is to be expected. The guy replacing him, Holland, is also inconsistent, which is why he found himself traded for a plug and then playing in the AHL at 27. Holland is hardly a defensive dynamo and if he was recalled to help stabilize that aspect of the fourth line, I think the team will be disappointed.

I have no problem with DD. I don't even have a problem with the idea of Peter Holland on this team. It just seems to me that unless the front office is planning on making some Hail Mary-type moves, this isn't our year and we should be giving opportunities to some of the younger guys rather than retreads. Particularly when the younger guy in question has done all right, all things considered.

JMO, though. I'm beginning to not care, LOL.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Huh?

He very clearly has a large say in the roster. This has been confirmed multiple times

How many Hartford games do you think AV gets to see?

It's also been reported many times over the years (including yesterday) that there are discussions within the organization at both the NHL and AHL level about changes to the roster; ultimately the AHL GM and coach make recommendations about who should get the call. A coach can ask, but the GM is the one who makes the final decisions.

And speaking of GM's...When was the last time someone in the front office actually sat down for a "state of the organizatio" interview? Took questions before or after a game? Been seen about town lately? :amazed: It must be very crowded behind the Curtain.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'd rather talk about his play. And I have to say, last night I thought he was gouda... Get it???? Because gouda is a cheese from Holl... (sigh)

Let's talk about his play then. He had a nice debut last night, making that pass to Nash look easy. Let's see if he can dig a little deeper next game and come up with a goal. Get it??? Because Holland is a tunnel that accepts EZ Pass and digs deep below... (sigh)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Don't want to create conspiracy theories here but what if Peter Holland.. is actually azzjuice?

4ozwde4hk8mz.jpg

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'd rather talk about his play. And I have to say, last night I thought he was gouda... Get it???? Because gouda is a cheese from Holl... (sigh)

As long as they don't put Holland on the same line as Desharnais.
Hollandaise isn't a good name for a line and it doesn't go with pizza..Doh lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->