Recalled/Assigned: Peter Holland recalled. Nieves assigned to Hartford.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I don't understand the point of this. Just so that Hartford is not without a top line centerman? Just waive Carey for f***s sake

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Okay. Understand pulling up Holland due to his play in the A, but reassigning Boo what in the world.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, our 4th line center was the issue all along. Got it.

Let's replace a kid with another journeyman schmuck that couldn't stick to an NHL team if he wore a jersey made from Gorilla Glue and damage another kid's confidence.

Screw AV. I'm done.
God forbid Carey has to pass through waivers.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don't understand this at all. Get rid of Desharnais for ****s sake. Boo isn't amazing, but atleast he has a chance to be a useful piece past this season.

As annoying as it is seeing DD get PP time, his ES production is pretty good. He can’t play a lick of defense, but he’s been a serviceable bottom 6 scoring forward.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm good with this. Boo brings zero offense and is defense is meh.

Holland is much better offensively. Let Boo finish the year in Hartford and we can see if he improves for training camp.

Honesty, may be one of the most overrated players on the team by the boards.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't understand this. Boo should be up here. Sure he's slowed down a bit but would rather see him getting the time than DD. Maybe in some way seeing the experience of a DD or a Holland in the short term could turn things around??? its not nearly enough to send Boo down. Bad move honestly.
Oh and DD sucks. You get 5 feet from him and he goes down.
Can't really hate on Carey tho. He gives 110 percent and actually wins some board battles...see smith goal last night.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Holland is much better offensively. Let Boo finish the year in Hartford and we can see if he improves for training camp.

Lately I agree he has been meh but isn't he still better and more of a presence than DD?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Holland is much better offensively.

Yeah I sincerely doubt that playing in this shithole system under AV. Also this doesn't do anything to address the real issues with this team. It's a really pointless move, and unless this is the first sign of this team waiving the white flag under the assumption Boo getting more playing time in Hartford will benefit him in the long run, I really don't understand it at all.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Honesty, may be one of the most overrated players on the team by the boards.
Boo is actually a pretty good passer. His shot is garbage though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah I sincerely doubt that playing in this ****hole system under AV. Also this doesn't do anything to address the real issues with this team. It's a really pointless move, and unless this is the first sign of this team waiving the white flag under the assumption Boo getting more playing time in Hartford will benefit him in the long run, I really don't understand it at all.

I think some time in the AHL would benefit him, still young and only getting 10 minutes here, he should get 20 minutes down there. The first half of your comment i agree with. It will probably do nothing at all to improve the team.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Rangers taking a look at Holland before the TDL? Seeing if Holland and Nieves can hold down the 3 and 4C spots? They know what they have in Nieves already.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
DD will most likely be traded prior to the deadline so theres no reason to risk losing him on waivers.
Someone wants him? I guess if they look at his point production without actually seeing him play we could get a 5th.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Someone wants him? I guess if they look at his point production without actually seeing him play we could get a 5th.
Habs still need a 1C, so there's always that. Can't discount that Beregiven is an idiot.

Reactions: bl02

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Whatever. Not my preferred move, but nothing overly egregious either. I just hope these are the death throes of AVs tenure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad