perttu lindgren

Karamahti*

He is out until the November eurohockey tour break (6th - 13th Nov).
The whole Ilves team has sucked for whatever reason lately, not just Perttu. Seems that they can´t bury the puck even if there´s an open net. Only Tuukka Rasks world class goaltending has been keeping them even fairly competitive.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
yeah 1 goal in 20 games or so....

according to someone, this Finish phenom was supposed to be a top 5 pick along with Niklas Backstrom if he was in last year draft :biglaugh:

btw, before someone says injury, military....from what i saw at training camp this year, this guy would be lucky to be a regular scorer at the AHL level.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT

according to someone, this Finish phenom was supposed to be a top 5 pick along with Niklas Backstrom if he was in last year draft :biglaugh:

btw, before someone says injury, military....from what i saw at training camp this year, this guy would be lucky to be a regular scorer at the AHL level.

a lot of 18-19 year olds would have a hard time being a regular scorer in the AHL...

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland

He did score 37 points last season when Bäckström only scored 26 and he (Perttu) is only few months older

what i do know is that you dont have absolutely no idea what could army do to hockey players. That Dallas camp was in late summer and Perttu was already in army at that point.

Im not saying that army is the only reason why he's been quiet this season, but for you to open that trap of yours when you have no clue about this matter is actually quite funny and tells me how seriously to take your post.

There havent been that much hype around Perttu so i dont know where you're getting all this top 5 stuff.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Im not saying that army is the only reason why he's been quiet this season, but for you to open that trap of yours when you have no clue about this matter is actually quite funny and tells me how seriously to take your post.

There havent been that much hype around Perttu so i dont know where you're getting all this top 5 stuff.

I said last year before the draft.

The same people who were hyping him as sure thing should now admit that he is far from it....

and i do know what i am talking about much more than you on this topics as you are probably a homer...Perttu Lingren is far from a top prospects like some made him out to be...

he is not the only one in history that dealt with military btw, others have gone through it with much better result.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
a lot of 18-19 year olds would have a hard time being a regular scorer in the AHL...

True, but from what I have seen of him I dont think he can even be anything more than that in a few years...I am talking about his upside.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I don't know about the army slowing him down. It hasn't slowed Laakso down (or who knows how good he would be playing right now if he wasn't in the army).

But there must be some reason for a loss of production that dramatic. He couldn't just get lucky last season. You don't score 37 points in the SM-Liiga with luck.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX

At least be man enough to call me out by name if you are going to do it. I also don't ever remember saying he swould be a top 5 pick. All I did was compare his stats to those of Backstrom. And at the time, it was certainly a valid comparison.

And having a great season followed by a down one certainly didn't stop the hype with a guy like Igor Grigorenko, who seemingly got more hype around here after suffering a potentially career-threatening injury.

Either way, Lindgren has struggled to an extent this year(7 points in 18 games is off the pace he had last year). However, he had a similarly slow start last year before being a ppg guy the last 20 games of the season. So lets not write him off just yet.

Talentless Practise*

I can not believe someone will write any prospect off because of a few bad months as a teenager.. unbelievable. Ant this guy is talking about his upside when he propably has never seen him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->