Perry vs. Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fincan

Aug 1, 2002
LordStanleysPlace
Visit site
to add to your point, you can also say that Perry's production was hindered (and that he scored a lower percentage of his teams goals) due to the fact that his team was the best in Junior Hockey as he was less of the go-to guy (though obviously still the man in London) as there were so many other players that could also get the job done who he had to share ice time with.

Obviously Crosby is better and in the long run there is no contest, but who knows if Perry adjusts to the NHL quickly they may not be that for apart for THIS SEASON.

As for the poster that said that Perry is not even the best 03 player on his team, was that reffering to London or Anaheim? either way it is debatable (opposed to the certainty you seemed to make the claim with) but I personally would rather have Perry than Getzlaf or Fritschie.

Transported Upstater

Fincan said:
to add to your point, you can also say that Perry's production was hindered (and that he scored a lower percentage of his teams goals) due to the fact that his team was the best in Junior Hockey as he was less of the go-to guy (though obviously still the man in London) as there were so many other players that could also get the job done who he had to share ice time with.

Obviously Crosby is better and in the long run there is no contest, but who knows if Perry adjusts to the NHL quickly they may not be that for apart for THIS SEASON.

As for the poster that said that Perry is not even the best 03 player on his team, was that reffering to London or Anaheim? either way it is debatable (opposed to the certainty you seemed to make the claim with) but I personally would rather have Perry than Getzlaf or Fritschie.

I said it. My response:

1) I meant his NHL team (seeing as Getzlaf will not see much AHL time). Dan Fritsche is a Columbus prospect. Perry also only played with Fritsche for like half a season in London, and unless one or more are traded, they won't see each other in the pros much. So Perry and Fritsche are separate players on separate paths.

2) I would much rather have Getzlaf than Perry. He's a tremendous leader, he's hardnosed, plays fantastic defensively and is solid with the puck. He almost seems built in the Mark Messier mold of player (do not, in any way twist that into me comparing Getzlaf to arguably the best 2-way center of all time and maybe the best leader in any sport), although not quite as good a scorer.
Perry is better than Getzlaf in 1/3 of the ice. Getzlaf eats him alive in the other 66%.

3) As for Perry and Fritsche, I would definitely rather have Perry. Without question. Perry is higher risk, but higher reward.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Crosby is probably better right now, although, Crosby has played with some pretty good linemates, and hasn't had a terrific preseason. Perry's played with guys like Getzlaf and Kunitz, and has been on fire. The preseason isn't a good indicator for anything, but, that does say at least something in Perry's defense.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
hockeyman28 said:
actually im pretty sure the OHL was the highest scoring league last year. Perry was playing on a better team. the best comparison we can make is a percentage of teams points. Crosby scored 168 pts in 62 games, and his whole team scored 333 goals, just about 50.5% of his teams total production (even though he missed 8 games, Im pretty sure this is the highest percentage for this statistic ever, excluding lemieux's 282 pt season, where lemieux played in every game). Crosby was also a +78. Corey Perry had 130 points in 60 games, and the london knights scored 310 goals, roughly 41.9% of his teams total production (he missed 10 games though). He was a +66. So, statistically, crosby was dominant in their respective leagues for their respective teams.

How about looking at why Perry didn't get 50%, partly due to the fact that he had competent teamates which had the best top 6 in the CHL and one of the best in history with Schremp, Bolland, Fritsche on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Perry played w/ Hunter and rotated C (Prust .....). I agree Crosby is better than Perry but Perry could've had many more points if he didn't have to sit out the whole 3rd period in 15 games last year.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
Crosby is probably better right now, although, Crosby has played with some pretty good linemates, and hasn't had a terrific preseason.

2 games, 2 points (1+1). He was probably the best on ice in one game, one of the best in another.

Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
The preseason isn't a good indicator for anything, but, that does say at least something in Perry's defense.

So the preseason doesn't indicate anything, but it says something about Perry, and you just used Crosby's so called 'not terrifice preseason' against him...way to contradict yourself.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
clefty said:
2 games, 2 points (1+1). He was probably the best on ice in one game, one of the best in another.

So the preseason doesn't indicate anything, but it says something about Perry, and you just used Crosby's so called 'not terrifice preseason' against him...way to contradict yourself.
ouch, touche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad