Perry v Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
perry
biglaugh.gif

Zherdev, he has far more upsides IMO, and has proven way more.

AgentNaslund*

nothing really wrong with the thread. Future 1st line winger vs Future first line winger. But right now, Zherdev is a better player.

espo*

AgentNaslund said:
nothing really wrong with the thread. Future 1st line winger vs Future first line winger. But right now, Zherdev is a better player.
I agree,it's not so far out there.Zherdev is better right now and does have a nice potential ceiling but Perry has some bright promise too.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Zherdev by so far it can only be measured in teaspoons.

Note: I've been calling Perry to fall on his face for years though...I'm not going to change that any time soon.

Transported Upstater

I would like to start by saying this is just my personal opinion, and I could be wrong (seems to happen often...) :D

I'm really impressed with Perry, as his adjustment period will be shorter than I anticipated.

But I had Zherdev rated #2 overall (behind Eric Staal) in a ridiculously loaded 2003 draft, and even though Perry has catapulted up my rankings, I still do not think he's in Zherdev's league offensively, and since neither player is going to be confused with the second coming of Guy Carbonneau, offense may be the most important deciding factor in this case.

However, in Perry's defense, they are different players. Perry has excellent vision and a scorer's touch, and I believe he's an even better playmaker than scorer. I also love how he'll get his nose dirty. His skating is average, but that's really the only weakness I see in his game.

Zherdev has potential to be a Maurice Richard winner. He had the best offensive skills at the 2003 draft at the time of the draft, and I still believe he has the best now. He's not there yet, but he's a joy to watch, and the only two Russian prospects better than him IMO are Ovechkin and Malkin, who are 2 of my top #4). I can make an argument to put Zherdev #5 (IMO Dion Phaneuf is close, somewhere in the #5-#7 range).

I hope no one takes this as a slight to Perry, because I am the first to admit he's better than I thought he was, by a long shot.

But not at Zherdev's level. Not IMO.

Gillam_09

Oct 4, 2005
Port Aux Basques, NL
I like Corey Perry because hes Canadian But In My opinion he wont be half the Player Zherdev is. I mean has anyone seen this Guy. His Stickhandling skills are amazing. he Amazes me everytime he has the puck. And hes very Patient and poised with the puck. He is the Next Star of the NHL.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

Tjardus Greidanus said:

Note: I've been calling Perry to fall on his face for years though...I'm not going to change that any time soon.
You're running out of chances.

Randall Graves*

Tjardus Greidanus said:

better go buy a voodoo doll.

Randall Graves*

TransportedUpstater said:
I would like to start by saying this is just my personal opinion, and I could be wrong (seems to happen often...) :D

I'm really impressed with Perry, as his adjustment period will be shorter than I anticipated.

But I had Zherdev rated #2 overall (behind Eric Staal) in a ridiculously loaded 2003 draft, and even though Perry has catapulted up my rankings, I still do not think he's in Zherdev's league offensively, and since neither player is going to be confused with the second coming of Guy Carbonneau, offense may be the most important deciding factor in this case.

However, in Perry's defense, they are different players. Perry has excellent vision and a scorer's touch, and I believe he's an even better playmaker than scorer. I also love how he'll get his nose dirty. His skating is average, but that's really the only weakness I see in his game.

Zherdev has potential to be a Maurice Richard winner. He had the best offensive skills at the 2003 draft at the time of the draft, and I still believe he has the best now. He's not there yet, but he's a joy to watch, and the only two Russian prospects better than him IMO are Ovechkin and Malkin, who are 2 of my top #4). I can make an argument to put Zherdev #5 (IMO Dion Phaneuf is close, somewhere in the #5-#7 range).

I hope no one takes this as a slight to Perry, because I am the first to admit he's better than I thought he was, by a long shot.

But not at Zherdev's level. Not IMO.
I pretty much agree with you, I've watched zherdev about 10 times and that guy has some great offensive skills.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Not really a fair comparison at all.

Zherdev is a dynamic pure offensive player so not really fair to compare him to Perry at all.

Perry could be the better all around player though, he will play more physical than Zherdev for sure.

but especially in the new NHL where skill players are allowed to fly up and down the ice Zherdev is going to be great and produce more points than Perry. In the old clutch and grab NHL Perry could potentially outscore Zherdev in the long run because of his size and reach.

Transported Upstater

McDonald19 said:
Not really a fair comparison at all.

Zherdev is a dynamic pure offensive player so not really fair to compare him to Perry at all.

Perry could be the better all around player though, he will play more physical than Zherdev for sure.

but especially in the new NHL where skill players are allowed to fly up and down the ice Zherdev is going to be great and produce more points than Perry. In the old clutch and grab NHL Perry could potentially outscore Zherdev in the long run because of his size and reach.

Possibly. In the last few years you didn't need to know how to skate. :D

But in Perry's defense, his skating has improved (although he's not exactly Mike Gartner...) and I believe Bob Ryan's will as well.

Transported Upstater

Chistov23 said:
What does that have to do with anything. Maybe 1 or 2 posters that are at HF, are also regulars at allducks. Many of the posters their come from the mightyducks.com one and I think we all know how credible that is.

When I see your avatar, I don't think of "S. Niedermayer", I think of "Sniedermayer", which to me sounds like sausage.

Chris Farley's thoughts during SNL Superfat skit:

"Polish sausage....DITKA.....sausage.....Bears...."

Ducks_è_Halos

Feb 8, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
profile.myspace.com
Chistov23 said:
What does that have to do with anything. Maybe 1 or 2 posters that are at HF, are also regulars at allducks. Many of the posters their come from the mightyducks.com one and I think we all know how credible that is.
Yeah, if you were to take that poll here, it'd have much more realistic results. A fan site for any one team isn't a great place to get unbiased opinions or ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->