Perry / Bernier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Sammy said:
I agree with that.

Wow man, please stop contradicting yourself. First you say that Getzlaf will NEVER be able to touch Bernier and that Getzlaf will never be a two-way player. Then you decide to say that you don't know who will be the better player.

Please, stop embarassing yourself.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
I think out of all of Anaheim's prospects, Bernier compares the most to Dustin Penner. At this point in time, I'd certainly take Bernier over Penner though. Penner's an interesting story though, he really has come out of left field and turned into a top-5 prospect for the Ducks in the best "farm" system (according to HF) in the league.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Sammy said:
Hey bud, I thought one had enough intellect to realize one is offering an opinion here, & no one has a silver ball. Sorry I was wrong with regards to you. Next time I will make it clearer. Getzlaff is not , & likely never will be a 2 way player. I saw enough of him in playing for Calgary to believe this.
And btw, taking draws & playing the point on the pp (which was apparently some of the indicia an earlier poster thought does make an all round player) does not make one an all round player . Hence the :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Clear enough ?

I think we hear you loud & clear, anyone claiming Getzlaf is not a 2-way player now just doesn't pay enough attention. Anyone claiming that Getzlaf will never likely become 2-way player probably doesn't have a future as a hockey scout.

Wow, just wow.

Sammy*

Pepper said:
I think we hear you loud & clear, anyone claiming Getzlaf is not a 2-way player now just doesn't pay enough attention. Anyone claiming that Getzlaf will never likely become 2-way player probably doesn't have a future as a hockey scout.

Wow, just wow.
Sorry I evaluate a player & judge on what I see. I guess some have a differing opinion (particularly those Duck fans, nort surprisingly).

Wow, just wow

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy*

76over39 said:
Wow man, please stop contradicting yourself. First you say that Getzlaf will NEVER be able to touch Bernier and that Getzlaf will never be a two-way player. Then you decide to say that you don't know who will be the better player.

Please, stop embarassing yourself.

My god, just how thick are you? I never said he was "clearly" better than your boy right now, just at this point I thought he was better & imo would be easily in the future. I also said imo your boy would likely not be a good 2-way player.
Try a reading comprehension class there bud.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
76over39 said:
I think out of all of Anaheim's prospects, Bernier compares the most to Dustin Penner. At this point in time, I'd certainly take Bernier over Penner though. Penner's an interesting story though, he really has come out of left field and turned into a top-5 prospect for the Ducks in the best "farm" system (according to HF) in the league.

You have to be joking, credibility gone...right there.

Bernier is better than Penner at every single aspect of the game, and not a little better, way better. Penner is a big guy who can't really skate who may be a 20-25 goal scored in the NHL.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Sammy said:
Sorry I evaluate a player & judge on what I see. I guess some have a differing opinion (particularly those Duck fans, nort surprisingly).

Wow, just wow

Fine, we will agree to disagree.

Your prediction about Getzlaf's future is curious to say the least.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
NashisCash said:

Bernier is better than Penner at every single aspect of the game, and not a little better, way better. Penner is a big guy who can't really skate who may be a 20-25 goal scored in the NHL.

Learn to read. He said he would certainly take Bernier over Penner. I think he was just implying they play very similar styles.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
Buffalo87 said:
Learn to read. He said he would certainly take Bernier over Penner. I think he was just implying they play very similar styles.

Uhh why don't you learn to read, he certainly implied that "at this point in time" ...which means, that well, Penner has at least a one in a million chance to be as good as Bernier, which he doesn't.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
NashisCash said:

Wow. Did you even read the rest of my post. I said undoubtedly I'd take Bernier over Penner. Geez, don't flip out. Out of all the Ducks prospects, Penner is the one that compares with Bernier the BEST. I never said he was better. Chill man.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
NashisCash said:
Uhh why don't you learn to read, he certainly implied that "at this point in time" ...which means, that well, Penner has at least a one in a million chance to be as good as Bernier, which he doesn't.

Wow man, think outside the box for once.

I think Bernier is better than Penner and I think that Bernier will continue to be better than Penner throughout their careers. But, obviously there is a chance Penner could turn out to be better.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
76over39 said:
Wow man, think outside the box for once.

I think Bernier is better than Penner and I think that Bernier will continue to be better than Penner throughout their careers. But, obviously there is a chance Penner could turn out to be better.

No...there really isn't.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Penner? Compared to Bernier? Wow that ridiculous. Undrafted and 4 years older than Bernier. It's like comparing Rissmiller to Getzlaf.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Wild GM said:
Penner? Compared to Bernier? Wow that ridiculous. Undrafted and 4 years older than Bernier. It's like comparing Rissmiller to Getzlaf.

:shakehead

2.5 years older and went through the NCAA route.

2 inches and 15 pounds bigger, much better stats in the AHL than Bernier.

95% will currently pick Bernier but comparing them is not ridiculous, especially considering how Penner is a late-bloomer thanks to his huge frame which takes time to fill properly.

Now Rissmiller vs. Getzlaf...27y vs. 20y and Getzlaf blows him out of the water ALREADY stat-wise, scoring nearly at the same pace in the NHL as Rissmiller in the AHL. Yeah, something is definetly ridiculous but it has nothing to do with Bernier and Penner.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pepper said:
:shakehead

2.5 years older and went through the NCAA route.

2 inches and 15 pounds bigger, much better stats in the AHL than Bernier.

You were right, 2.5 years older.

As a 22-23 year old rookie, Penner had 28 points in 72 games in the AHL.
As a 20 year old rookie, Bernier had 43 points in 49 games in the AHL.

Those ARE much better stats. For Bernier.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Wild GM said:
You were right, 2.5 years older.

As a 22-23 year old rookie, Penner had 28 points in 72 games in the AHL.
As a 20 year old rookie, Bernier had 43 points in 49 games in the AHL.

Those ARE much better stats. For Bernier.

And this season Penner destroyed Bernier stat-wise.

57GP 39G 45A 84PTS

vs

49GP 20G 23A 43PTS

Point? Those two are comparable, even if Bernier is at the moment the obvious choice.

Last year nobody would have compared Penner and Bernier, this was Penner's breakthrough season.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pepper said:
And this season Penner destroyed Bernier stat-wise.

57GP 39G 45A 84PTS

vs

49GP 20G 23A 43PTS

Point? Those two are comparable, even if Bernier is at the moment the obvious choice.

Last year nobody would have compared Penner and Bernier, this was Penner's breakthrough season.

He did breakthrough...in the AHL

In the NHL this year

Penner 19 games 7 points
Bernier 39 games 27 points

Playoffs

Penner 3 games 0 points (scratched for 3)
Bernier 5 games 4 points

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Anybody that says one guy has 0 chance of being better than another guy should be banned. We're not talkin a Wayne Gretzky/Dustin Penner difference here. These two guys are not THAT far off. Of course, at this point anybody in their right mind would take Bernier without a doubt for now, and for future but to say he has NO chance to catch Bernier is ridiculous.

Grizzly Adams

May 28, 2002
San Jose
I think Penner has a better shot at winning the lottery than surpassing Bernier.

This comparison is ludicrous, I'm not even going to comment any further.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
spacelobster said:
I think Penner has a better shot at winning the lottery than surpassing Bernier.

This comparison is ludicrous, I'm not even going to comment any further.

Possibly but to say there is no chance is just being dumb. We all know that it's not likely but it is a possibility. What if Bernier turns out to be the next Michel Ouellet? Tear it up your first 30 games and then disappear.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Wild GM said:
He did breakthrough...in the AHL

In the NHL this year

Penner 19 games 7 points
Bernier 39 games 27 points

Playoffs

Penner 3 games 0 points (scratched for 3)
Bernier 5 games 4 points

Please watch some hockey before you comment on it. If you had seen any of the Ducks playoff games, you'd know that Penner has a been a force in all four games he's played in. He hasn't shown up on the score sheet because he's going up against the best goalie in the league. You'd also know that Penner has NOT been scratched at all. He was recalled from Portland when Fedoruk went down with an injury. He's played each game since his recall even when Fedoruk came back into the lineup and he's pushed Hedstrom and Moen out.

Last edited:

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Wild GM said:

I'm really starting to question your intelligence, and I seriously hope your Rissmiller/Getzlaf comment was just a joke. Have you ever watched Penner play? I'm just wondering why you think he doesn't at least compare to Bernier. Again, I'm not saying that I think Penner is better than Bernier, and he certainly has an uphill battle to fight to reach Bernier. But, to say that there is no chance one guy could become better than another is just ridiculous.

Randall Graves*

Penners a beast, unfortunately he is playing with crap like Lupul.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Buffalo87 said:
Possibly but to say there is no chance is just being dumb. We all know that it's not likely but it is a possibility. What if Bernier turns out to be the next Michel Ouellet? Tear it up your first 30 games and then disappear.

Take a breath man... This is getting ridiculous... When someone says there is NO chance sth. will happen, it doesn´t actually mean that there isn´t ANY possibility...

I mean, if a team is down 4-0 with 1:10 to go in a game and someone says "there is no way they come back to win that one", would you argue with him that there is a way? Is it possible? YES... Is it very, very, very unlikely? Yes... I think everybody KNOWS that it theoretically (sp?) is still possible, yet one says it is impossible. Not because they are stupid but because they expect the listener to get the meaning of it because the listener can use his brain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad