Perezhogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
In Game 5 between Hamilton and Cleveland, Montreal top prosepct Alex Perezhogin was given a 5 minute major for slashing Garrett Stafford in the face. According to both the San Jose and Montreal board, it sounds worse than the Bertuzzi incident. "Two handed baseball swing" were the words used.Stafford may have suffered a broken cheekbone along with his concussion and losing multiple teeth.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Garrett Stafford used some racist word... and he pumped up Perezhogin.

I think he says something really bad. Anyway, it always happen in the AHL.

championhabs

May 27, 2003
Visit site
Taupy said:
Garrett Stafford used some racist word... and he pumped up Perezhogin.

I think he says something really bad. Anyway, it always happen in the AHL.

It always happens in the AHL. Who the hell are you kidding. It looked and sounded badas I attended the game. Perez will be done for the rest of the playoffs and i'm guessing part of next year too. No need for this crap in our game. Trash talk always happens but there is no way you should tee up someones head. Hopefully the kid who got injuried can live a normal life a resume his hockey career.

leafaholix*

They just showed it on TSN.

It's ten times worse then the Bertuzzi incident.

Stafford had a gash on his face and had seizures.

Darren Dutchyshen... "Perezhogin should never play again!"

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Leafaholix said:

I think he said ''may never play again''
BTW i saw it to and it was 10times worse than Bertuzzi incident. a two hand slash right in the face.
Why did he do that Perezoghin had a bright NHL career ahead before this.

BCCHL inactive

Leafaholix said:

A rare occasion where Dutchy is 100% on the ball.

That was the grossest thing I have ever seen in hockey. It makes both the McSorley and Bertuzzi incidents look like child's play.

Perezhogin should be banned for life.

If I'm Bob Gainey, I'm shredding his contract.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
that was definitely the worst hockey incident i have seen, and dutch did say he will never play in the NHL. Not that it matters what dutch said, but i am with him on this one, that is completely unbelievable.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What is going through these players' heads? Losing your cool is just something that happens, but slashing someone in the face is just.. Unbelievable.

I try to put myself in the shoes of the aggressor, but I just can't. In all my years of playing hockey, I can't imagine what it would take to drive me to assault with a hockey stick.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
What is going through these players' heads? Losing your cool is just something that happens, but slashing someone in the face is just.. Unbelievable.

I try to put myself in the shoes of the aggressor, but I just can't. In all my years of playing hockey, I can't imagine what it would take to drive me to assault with a hockey stick.

I once heard a quote that I thought was quite true..

You have never truely competed at a high level in sport until you've actually thought of murdering the opposition.

This of course is a slight hyperbole, but in the heat of a game, it can take a mild-mannered player and make him do something stupid.

I'm sure Perezhogin feels pretty bad about it all.

The NHL I believe adheres to AHL suspensions, so if Perezhogin is gone next year or parts of next year, I believe he'd be gone from the NHL too. Maybe he'd go play in Russia for a year?

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
Mizral said:
I once heard a quote that I thought was quite true..

You have never truely competed at a high level in sport until you've actually thought of murdering the opposition.

This of course is a slight hyperbole, but in the heat of a game, it can take a mild-mannered player and make him do something stupid.

I'm sure Perezhogin feels pretty bad about it all.

The NHL I believe adheres to AHL suspensions, so if Perezhogin is gone next year or parts of next year, I believe he'd be gone from the NHL too. Maybe he'd go play in Russia for a year?

Does his contract allow him to play in Europe?

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
this is rediculous. so if someone pisses me off in real life, i can just go hit the guy in the face with a hockey stick? come on, id be in jail. i realize there are different sets of "rules" when it comes to sports. but this isnt one of them. if you hit a guy in the face with a hockey stick, i dont care where it is, you should be in jail.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
sparkplug said:
Does his contract allow him to play in Europe?
if i was any hockey league, i wouldnt let him play in my league. one, he doesnt deserve to ever play hockey again. two, if you want to stop these incidences, start banning players for life, i bet that gets noticed

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
I just saw the incident on The Score. Crazy. Bob Gainey will not welcome him back into the organization. He's gone for good. Ciao!

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Dumb move by Perezoghin, the hit was brutal.

But "Banned for life"?
I think that Jesse Boulerice is still playing hockey... in the NHL. Anyone remember what happened? Similar incident IMO.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
RDriesen said:
this is rediculous. so if someone pisses me off in real life, i can just go hit the guy in the face with a hockey stick? come on, id be in jail. i realize there are different sets of "rules" when it comes to sports. but this isnt one of them. if you hit a guy in the face with a hockey stick, i dont care where it is, you should be in jail.
from what i've heard he never wanna hit the guy in the face but in the legs..
the guys was on his knees so he received the stick right in his head !!
sure Perezhogin deserve a big suspension (a la Bertuzzi)
but it's not like if Perezhogin wanna kill the guy on the ice !
just my 2 cents...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Damn.....I really liked Perezhogin and he was doing so well in the playoffs. If Gainey doesn't want him I would hope NJ is first in line to get him.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Wild GM said:
In Game 5 between Hamilton and Cleveland, Montreal top prosepct Alex Perezhogin was given a 5 minute major for slashing Garrett Stafford in the face. According to both the San Jose and Montreal board, it sounds worse than the Bertuzzi incident. "Two handed baseball swing" were the words used.Stafford may have suffered a broken cheekbone along with his concussion and losing multiple teeth.

This is the Worst thing I have ever seen! The Sutter incident cross-checking Kariya used to be at the top of my worst incident list. But Perezhogin should never ever be allowed to play hockey again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad