Perezhogin vs. Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
s7ark said:
Yeah sorry habs fans, Zherdev all the way. He is truly an elite talent.

This one isn't even close imho, and I like Perezhogin.

No need to apologize.All Hab fans will agree that Zherdev is a much better player than Perezhogin.It really is not a fair comparision between the two.Zherdev wins hands down.Zherdev vs Malkin might be closer but again everyone would probably take Malkin over Zherdev with that comparision.I would take Malkin over many players . :yo:

X0ssbar

I agree with the poster who said it wasn't a fair comparison. Zherdev hands down here but I think Perezhogin will grow to be a dangerous player in his own right.

Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Zherdev EASILYYYYYYYYYYY

Perezhogin will never be anything more than a 4th liner or career AHLer!

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
MXD said:
Both will underachieve, Zherdev will be a bigger flop, yet he's gonna post bigger numbers than Perez.

You're really going to have to explain how Zherdev is going to be a bigger flop but put up better numbers than Perezhogin. That would mean that Perezhogin would be the bigger flop. Even more importantly, explain how Zherdev is going to be a flop. You mean the guy that has sick offensive talent and is putting up near 30 goals in his second NHL season, 1st full season, that flop? Completely unfounded comment.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Kritty said:
You're really going to have to explain how Zherdev is going to be a bigger flop but put up better numbers than Perezhogin. .

Humm... Because expectations for Zherdev are greater than for Perezhoghin.

Transported Upstater

This thread does a tremendous disservice to Perezhogin by comparing him to a player with talent FAR exceeding his own.

Zherdev should be compared to the other top players in his inhumanly talented 2003 draft class.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
MXD
Do you really think that Z is gonna be a bust? Granted, Im a CBJ fan and am a little biased but come on man. Have you watched enough of Zherdev to make that statement? If you would have made that statement prior to the Federov trade (i still wouldnt have agreed with you) it would have been easier to swallow, However, since that trade Zherdev has been at his best. I think most CBJ fans would agree that he has been just as if not more important then Rick Nash this year.

Tatay Farlo

Oct 2, 2005
Surrey, BC
TransportedUpstater said:
This thread does a tremendous disservice to Perezhogin by comparing him to a player with talent FAR exceeding his own.

Zherdev should be compared to the other top players in his inhumanly talented 2003 draft class.
Who would you compare Zherdev to?

Transported Upstater

baljitgill said:
Who would you compare Zherdev to?

What I'm saying is that Zherdev has likely earned the right to be mentioned as a Top 10 player in his draft class, which is one of the strongest in recent memory.

Perezhogin has not.

Plus, I really don't believe they are similar players stylistically, either.

Tatay Farlo

Oct 2, 2005
Surrey, BC
What I'm saying is that Zherdev has likely earned the right to be mentioned as a Top 10 player in his draft class, which is one of the strongest in recent memory.

Perezhogin has not.

Do you think Zherdev will be top 10 in NHL scoring down the line or just a 2nd level star.

Transported Upstater

baljitgill said:
Do you think Zherdev will be top 10 in NHL scoring down the line or just a 2nd level star.

I believe Zherdev has top 10 NHL scoring potential, but a lot of things will have to fall into place for him to realize that goal.

Please don't think that I am harping on Perezhogin. I think he has a bright future at the NHL level.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
sheed36 said:
It really is not a fair comparision between the two.Zherdev wins hands down.Zherdev vs Malkin might be closer but again everyone would probably take Malkin over Zherdev with that comparision.I would take Malkin over many players . :yo:

I think more fair and interesting comparison would be Zherdev vs Semin. These two to me are about in the same class and just pretty similar players.

Transported Upstater

Slay said:
I think more fair and interesting comparison would be Zherdev vs Semin. These two to me are about in the same class.

Personally, it's hard for me to get much of a read on Semin, as I haven't seen him enough to really make a good judgement.

Zherdev IMO has "the sky's the limit" potential, but he's not there yet. He still has work to do.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
What I'm saying is that[/b] Zherdev has likely earned the right to be mentioned as a Top 10 player in his draft class, which is one of the strongest in recent memory.

Perezhogin has not.

2001 Draft... you could make a case for Perez. and I'm still plugging for Perez, yes Zherdev is better now, he has shown more things then Perez. I'm not arguing any of the things that lead us to believe that if Zherdev maintains this development curb he will be better than Perezhogin.

What I will argue though is that no one here knows the future, or you would be doing 2 things. Gamble, and play the Lottery. (maybe be the worlds first super hero even). So, we don't know who will be better, you can't know... your not in the future, IF Zherdev maintaines his development curb then he will be better than Perezhogin.

Classic Example
Svitov
Chistov

Both players more talented etc. better at the time. However Perezhogin's development went better. Who is better now? Who here had Forseen that? I didn't! I was HOPING that would be the case b-cuz i'm a Habs fan and thats what i do...cheer for my own and screw the rest! (no offense to anyone its just i've got this thing about competition in any way)

Lo and behold Perez is better today. Who knows what could happen another 5 years from now? Perez COULD be the better player. And so to those who want to think/hope that Perez can be better than don't knock em (though no 1 has yet) and for those who choose Zherdev good for you too.

I choose Perezhogin...he showed up everyone with Svitov and Chistov... why not Zherdev?

Go Habs Go

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
who me said:
MXD
Do you really think that Z is gonna be a bust? Granted, Im a CBJ fan and am a little biased but come on man. Have you watched enough of Zherdev to make that statement? If you would have made that statement prior to the Federov trade (i still wouldnt have agreed with you) it would have been easier to swallow, However, since that trade Zherdev has been at his best. I think most CBJ fans would agree that he has been just as if not more important then Rick Nash this year.

Yes, I saw him play. Yes, he's talented. But I don't think he's gonna be a perenial all star. That's it.

La Grosse Tendresse

Sep 19, 2005
Rouyn-Noranda
Kanye West said:
Classic Example
Svitov
Chistov

Both players more talented etc. better at the time. However Perezhogin's development went better. Who is better now? Who here had Forseen that? I didn't! I was HOPING that would be the case b-cuz i'm a Habs fan and thats what i do...cheer for my own and screw the rest! (no offense to anyone its just i've got this thing about competition in any way)

Lo and behold Perez is better today. Who knows what could happen another 5 years from now? Perez COULD be the better player. And so to those who want to think/hope that Perez can be better than don't knock em (though no 1 has yet) and for those who choose Zherdev good for you too.
?? Chistov is a better player than Perezhogin. He simply deceided to go back home, because, like Perez, he is not adapted to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad