Perezhogin vs. Suglobov

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
i think the Perzhogin vs. threads have went from one extreme to the other, vs Zherdev, now vs Suglobov.

Sammy*

vanwychen27 said:
i think the Perzhogin vs. threads have went from one extreme to the other, vs Zherdev, now vs Suglobov.
Actually, Suglobov vs Perez is pretty fair & equal.
The other one was ridiculous.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
BlueAndWhite said:
For the record, I'd take Perezhogin as well but the hype on this kid is beyond unreal - he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.
Theres no hype other then from a few Habs fans. This guy is most likely going to be a top 6 forward who uses his blazing speed and good hands to gather up some points. Suglobov is what? 24 year old soon to be UFA? You're comparing an almost bust with 2 NHL games to a guy who's in the NHL right now and was picked at 19 on the Russian roster. C'mon even Jason Ward and Marcel Hossa have more potential then Suglobov. Thats why the Devils only got Ken Klee.

Sammy*

Habsaku said:
This one is as ridiculous, this isnt even close. Perezhogin by a fair margin.
How surprising, yet predictable.
Perez, but by a very tiny margin

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont
I don't see sugo being anything more then sergei berizen if he ever gets out of the ahl. And im a devils fan and i've said that before. Good luck t.o

Sammy*

Habsaku said:
Theres no hype other then from a few Habs fans. This guy is most likely going to be a top 6 forward who uses his blazing speed and good hands to gather up some points. Suglobov is what? 24 year old soon to be UFA? You're comparing an almost bust with 2 NHL games to a guy who's in the NHL right now and was picked at 19 on the Russian roster. C'mon even Jason Ward and Marcel Hossa have more potential then Suglobov. Thats why the Devils only got Ken Klee.
Soon to be UFA? In what , 3 years.
And Perezhogin is what, all of a 1 1/2 year younger? He's done dick squat to say it is unquestioned that he will be better. Btw, given that Perez is all of a 1 1/2 year younger, is he also on the cusp of a UFA?

Sammy*

lucscaps said:
I don't see sugo being anything more then sergei berizen if he ever gets out of the ahl. And im a devils fan and i've said that before. Good luck t.o
Perhaps, but if so that aint bad & also I would have a little better read if he gets at least one decent shot. That really hasnt matereialized yet. I suspect it will next year.

Sammy*

sevenSteen said:
I like Suglobov more, but right now Perezhogin is the better prospect.
Oh I agree, but its not an obscene comparison right now either.

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
Habsaku said:

For a moment i thought you just described Brad Boyes.....look at him now...some players take longer to develop...being from montreal i still choose Suglobov by a small margin

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I'll break my rule of not choosing a side in a leaf player vs other player and pick Perezhogin, but a big *** to Jason Ward and Marcel Hossa having more potential then Suglobov.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't know what the obession with Perezhogin is lately. The kid is highly skilled and has been a standout player at every level but the NHL. Yes he's a rookie but he's been in a massive slump for months. He started off the season great on the Koivu line but since then he's struggled to find his role and has done next to nothing on the ice other then skate fast and work hard. He's not creating much offense although he has looked better in the last few games imo.

I never understood the need to compare one player to another but to each his own. Zherdev and Suglobov are both solid hockey player imo. Zherdev put up similar numbers as Perezhogin in the RSL but Perezhogin faired better internationally for the Senior National team during Euro Cup and with the junior club. (although perhaps Zherdev had a better U-18 and Perezhogin had a better U-20 but I only saw Perezhogin with the U-20 team and he was injured the first year and imo was great the 2nd gold medal)

In the NHL Zherdev has blown away Perezhogin and proven he's a full time NHLer, whereas Perezhogin there's still major doubts about what he can do in the NHL.

Suglobov I have not seen too much of, but from the little I know, I believe Perezhogin has outproduced him at the RSL level and internationally with the Senior and Junior teams. I know Suglobov was having a great rookie year in the AHL but got injured, whereas Perezhogin struggled at first but in the 2nd half he went on a tear with Hamilton and up until the stick swing incident he was leading his team in goals in the playoffs and was in the top 5 in rookie scoring in the AHL with 50 pts.

So Zherdev is already an established NHLer, highly skilled
Perezhogin has shown he's able to score at every level but the NHL (7 goals in 50 games isn't that bad, just that he's had 1 goal in the last 2-3 months)
Suglobov has shown he also can score and after watching him score last night, he's clearly got some real nice hands.

leafaholix*

why could perezhogin only manage 2 points in 11 games in the ahl this season?

that's awful

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
underscore_boy said:
why could perezhogin only manage 2 points in 11 games in the ahl this season?

that's awful

it's called a slump, hockey players go through them from time to time. There's also a thing called hot streaks, like the one he had with Hamilton as a rookie where he got 2 hattricks in one week.

He's only had 2 pts in the NHL and 2 pts in the AHL for the last 3 months, which is even more awful. He's got skills but has been completely ineffective at producing much of any sort of offense. Last year in Russia he was among the top scorers in the league when many NHLers were there, so no doubt he has skills just has been in a huge slump.

leafaholix*

montreal said:
it's called a slump, hockey players go through them from time to time. There's also a thing called hot streaks, like the one he had with Hamilton as a rookie where he got 2 hattricks in one week.

He's only had 2 pts in the NHL and 2 pts in the AHL for the last 3 months, which is even more awful. He's got skills but has been completely ineffective at producing much of any sort of offense. Last year in Russia he was among the top scorers in the league when many NHLers were there, so no doubt he has skills just has been in a huge slump.
well, there must be something wrong with him if he's slumping in the ahl. something major with his confidence.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
underscore_boy said:
well, there must be something wrong with him if he's slumping in the ahl. something major with his confidence.

It happens, especially with rookies...he's showed signs lately or breaking out, so we'll see...

It happens, no need to worry IMO...hell, Pavel Vorobiev is nowhere to be found after a hot start.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
underscore_boy said:
I dont think its as much about confidence as it is about being comfortable on the ice. Ever since Claude Julien messed up with him playing 1min a game, he looked out of place. THen he came back form his stint in the AHL and performed really well, he's been having a lot of chances, its just that nothing goes in right now.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Of course, now that Suglobov is Leaf property, he has to be trashed in endless "vs." threads. :shakehead

p.s....what the hell has Perezhogin ever done, exactly??

leafaholix*

PepNCheese said:
Of course, now that Suglobov is Leaf property, he has to be trashed in endless "vs." threads. :shakehead

he scored some points in the russian league and has managed 15 points in 55 nhl games, plus 2 points in 11 ahl games this season.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
PepNCheese said:

why dont you check last years RSL statistics where he was nearly a point per game player and had made the all stars. Then go check his WJC's where he killed Canada and then afterwards why dont you check his amazing rookie season in Hamilton. And when he was suspended in the playoffs Hamilton just died, so he has done numerous things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad