perez and kosty comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Kostitsyn compares to Marian Hossa style wise. Maybe that thread would have been better left for the habs board though, unless you were looking for non habs fans opinions...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
E = CH² said:
Kostitsyn compares to Marian Hossa style wise. Maybe that thread would have been better left for the habs board though.

I'll disagree on this one... Hossa has a very good hockey sense and great break-away speed. Kosty lacks both.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Perezhogin reminds me of Samsonov, not as explosive as Sergey though and not as good of a playmaker.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
franchise player said:
I'll disagree on this one... Hossa has a very good hockey sense and great break-away speed. Kosty lacks both.

What you say is true. Obviously if he was as good as Hossa he'd be in the NHL though. It's not perfect, but it gives an idea. Who else would you compare him with ? I don't see many guys out there that compares well.

He's a stocky 6'0-6'1, has great stickhandling moves, very strong on the puck with a great arsenal of shots. Doesn't have great speed or acceleration but his skating is fluid, he could possibly improve there.

I don't know.. :dunno:

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
E = CH² said:
What you say is true. Obviously if he was as good as Hossa he'd be in the NHL though. It's not perfect, but it gives an idea. Who else would you compare him with ? I don't see many guys out there that compares well.

He's a stocky 6'0-6'1, has great stickhandling moves, very strong on the puck with a great arsenal of shots. Doesn't have great speed or acceleration but his skating is fluid, he could possibly improve there.

I don't know.. :dunno:

I'm hoping we'll see an improvement compared to the one of Latendresse... who already made some improvements in is game.

Kost as definately superstar ''potential'' writing over his skills, sense and physicality, he just still putting all the pieces together.. could turn out to be a gem.. or a 3th liner.. yeah is physical is so strong he could do that he did lay the body on some occasions last year.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Crusher20 said:
I'm hoping we'll see an improvement compared to the one of Latendresse... who already made some improvements in is game.

Kost as definately superstar ''potential'' writing over his skills, sense and physicality, he just still putting all the pieces together.. could turn out to be a gem.. or a 3th liner.. yeah is physical is so strong he could do that he did lay the body on some occasions last year.

Someone on the boards wrote that Gainey said Kostitsyn worked really hard this summer and asked who he had to outplay to make the squad. Hopefully it's true and his game shows a big improvement. I'd like to see him dominate the AHL this season.

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
E = CH² said:
Someone on the boards wrote that Gainey said Kostitsyn worked really hard this summer and asked who he had to outplay to make the squad. Hopefully it's true and his game shows a big improvement. I'd like to see him dominate the AHL this season.
That's good news. By most accounts, he's still a "toolsy" player who hasn't brought the whole package together yet. If he makes an all-out effort to improve his game and adapt to life in NA, he could yet be a star. Contrast this with Hainsey and Hossa, who seem to think they are entitled to NHL spots for some reason.

Fern

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kost

I really think that Kost looks like a lot like Zednik. He is more of an individualist for what I saw. Great tools, strong with the puck, great shot but not a real sharp shooter. Just like Zednik. Just my two cents.

CH Wizard

I'd compare Perezhogin to a more skilled Steve Sullivan.I've noticed that Perez is a energetic player and has good all around skills.

Marian Hossa is a good camparison to Kosty.Both play a similar game though, I find Hossa a little bit more gritty.I agree with the one who said, Hossa has more vision but in term of style of play, I think, both play the same.

turnbuckle*

Kovalev and Mogilny are decent comparisons, although I don't think Kostistyn is as skilled or fast as Kovalev - same thing for Zhogy in comparison to Almo. Hab fans will be quite happy if they turn out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad