Recalled/Assigned: Percy and Leispic recalled

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Percy is gonna surprise a lot of people, very steady dmen and is guranteed to shoot up in the prospect rankings. Is super underrated there

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Shouldn't really concern anyone right now, and the cup of coffee at the NHL level will be invaluable experience for these kids going into the Playoffs and then the offseason.

This is an incredibly important point. Leipsic has been playing like he is possessed since he made his debut. That NHL experience and confidence went straight to his legs and he's been incredible this week. Some NHL confidence and quality time with Babcock will be great for the Marlies key players heading into the playoffs. Can't help but wonder though, when do we get to see Willy?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I heard Bobby Mac say it as well, he also pronounced his name as Leepsick, but maybe that is how you actually pronounce it.

If he's right about the waiver wire, you know Leipsic is a Leaf for the rest of the season.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
McKenzie just said Leipsic requires waivers if sent down again?

BRENDAN LEIPSIC
Toronto Maple Leafs
Left wing
Cap Hit: $653,333

Accumulated Daily Cap Hit: This is the total cap hit sum the player has had against this teams final cap hit value this season to-date (Cap hits before a trade are not considered). Players who have been in the minors all season and whos cap hit is below the NHL buried relief value will have a value of $0 because they have not had an affect on the teams cap hit (This value is $950,000 for the 2015-16 season). : $10,538

Remaining Daily Cap Hit: This is the total cap hit sum the player will have against the teams final cap hit value at season end if they are not recalled or reassigned. Players in the minors whos cap hit is below the NHL buried relief value will have a value of $0 because they do not have an affect on the teams cap hit (This value is $950,000 for the 2015-16 season). : $165,090

BORN: May 19, 1994
BIRTHPLACE: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
HEIGHT: 5' 10 (178 cm)
WEIGHT: 176 lbs (80 kg)
SHOOTS:Left
ELC SIGNING AGE: 19
WAIVERS SIGNING AGE: 19
DRAFT YEAR: 2012
DRAFTED OVERALL: 89
DRAFT ROUND: 3
DRAFTED BY: NSH
$Buyout Current Contract
Waivers-Exempt

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
He's definitely wrong, Leipsic wouldn't require waivers next year either.

The number of times I hear inaccurate information from reporters is mind boggling.

Leipsic is still exempt. Maybe they are confused with Percy, next year he is not exempt, so this is a chance to see him play this year before waivers do become an issue for him next year.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Percy was on the 3rd pairing on the Marlies, pretty odd that he'd be the first call up...I think it's a pre-deadline showcase.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Percy was on the 3rd pairing on the Marlies, pretty odd that he'd be the first call up...I think it's a pre-deadline showcase.

what are/were the marlies D pairings?

Were Loov - Percy the third pairing?

I always thought Percy was LD... but can he play the right side? Was he playing the right side with the Marlies?

I feel like we're really short on defenders who can play on the right.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Percy would need to go on waivers next year, it's make or break time, prove you belong or get shipped out. It should probably be the least surprising move. You should have guessed this would have happened when the season started.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

Not really. He was "3rd pairing" since Loov went down but normally it's:

Campbell-Valiev
Loov-Percy
Brennan-Holl

Why is he up?

Campbell- 28 year old captain and requires waivers

Valiev- 20 year old rookie who I doubt we see this year

Loov- already up on emergency recall

Brennan- requires waivers

Holl- probably the most deserving but I don't think he has an NHL contract.

Harrington- injured

As you can see, he is the only choice.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
what are/were the marlies D pairings?

Were Loov - Percy the third pairing?

I always thought Percy was LD... but can he play the right side? Was he playing the right side with the Marlies?

I feel like we're really short on defenders who can play on the right.

Loov-Percy were technically the 2nd pairing.

Percy played on the right with Loov but is currently playing on the left side with Kolomatis.

Kolomatis and Holl are the only right handed defencemen on the Marlies. I believe both do not have NHL contracts.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Percy is gonna surprise a lot of people, very steady dmen and is guranteed to shoot up in the prospect rankings. Is super underrated there

Personally I have nothing against Percy. I was very impressed with his short stint with the leafs but when I say I think he's being showcased it's because I think management might want to move him.
As others have stated he is not the best skater in the barn and Babs loves his skaters especially on the back end.
Just my hypothesis.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Personally I have nothing against Percy. I was very impressed with his short stint with the leafs but when I say I think he's being showcased it's because I think management might want to move him.
As others have stated he is not the best skater in the barn and Babs loves his skaters especially on the back end.
Just my hypothesis.

It's not a stretch to think that but, in reality, he's their only choice. I feel like there IS a good chance that Percy gets moved but I'd rather they move Marincin.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Loov-Percy were technically the 2nd pairing.

Percy played on the right with Loov but is currently playing on the left side with Kolomatis.

Kolomatis and Holl are the only right handed defencemen on the Marlies. I believe both do not have NHL contracts.

cool thanks. glad to know that he can play on the right side if necessary.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
BRENDAN LEIPSIC
Toronto Maple Leafs
Left wing

Accumulated Daily Cap Hit: This is the total cap hit sum the player has had against this teams final cap hit value this season to-date (Cap hits before a trade are not considered). Players who have been in the minors all season and whos cap hit is below the NHL buried relief value will have a value of $0 because they have not had an affect on the teams cap hit (This value is $950,000 for the 2015-16 season). : $10,538

Remaining Daily Cap Hit: This is the total cap hit sum the player will have against the teams final cap hit value at season end if they are not recalled or reassigned. Players in the minors whos cap hit is below the NHL buried relief value will have a value of $0 because they do not have an affect on the teams cap hit (This value is $950,000 for the 2015-16 season). : $165,090

$Buyout Current Contract
Waivers-Exempt

Oh great McKenzie getting as bad as the rest of them. What a dummy. Had ta make up sumtin dair i spose on da tsn show ya know.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It's not a stretch to think that but, in reality, he's their only choice. I feel like there IS a good chance that Percy gets moved but I'd rather they move Marincin.

I agree with that, but the return for Percy might be better value in a trade?
Time will tell us very soon.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
BRENDAN LEIPSIC
Toronto Maple Leafs
Left wing

$Buyout Current Contract
Waivers-Exempt

Simply no way this guy is 5'10'' 176lbs, he looks like Johny Gaudreau's little brother out there. he's probably more like 5'8'' 160lbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad