Recalled/Assigned: Percy and Leispic recalled

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think Percy will look awesome playing Babcocks system. He is the kind of D-man that system is built for. Smart and solid, not flashy. Just gets the job done and then some.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Make Burke pay!

Either Percy is good enough to play next year in the NHL or Burke gets him, at a price. Given how much damage the man did, he should pay. What's Percy go for these days?

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
I'm surprised by the number of people here who think Percy will be/should be moved.

I've always liked him and he's a homegrown player that's been developed properly. I see him as a stable top-4 d in the future and would be upset to see him moved right now.

I feel the exact same way... I don't think most of those comments are coming from people who actually follow the marlies. In this type of rebuild, no one is untouchable, but ffs , Percy is being thrown around like some kind of bust. I watched him since Mississauga and he's come along fine. Just not a flashy player. It's not his style.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
brown deserves a shot, like now

He'll get his.

Leipsic was easily #1 on the pecking order. Brown may not even be next with the way Hyman and Sosh are playing. Have to remember Brown was injured most of the year.

If he had been playing the way he since the start of the year without the injury, my guess is he'd be up already.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
brown with 10 points in 10 games since return from injury, hes not missed a beat, hes good to go

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I feel the exact same way... I don't think most of those comments are coming from people who actually follow the marlies. In this type of rebuild, no one is untouchable, but ffs , Percy is being thrown around like some kind of bust. I watched him since Mississauga and he's come along fine. Just not a flashy player. It's not his style.

What I don't get is people saying he hasn't developed and their disappointed....disappointed in what??? The only issue with him have been the injuries. He plays a well rounded steady game. He's not flashy but people make it to be a flaw. I think if we move him we're going to be pissed in a few years when he's in somebody's top 4.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
No longer waiver exempt.

Much like Corrado or Granberg he would get cliamed. This is his shot now! If Leaf brass think others have passed him, we should get something. He may not be in our top 4, ever. We have Reilly,Gardiner,possibly Chychrun(top 4 pick?),Corrado,Harrington,Loov,Valiev and soon Dermott.It depends on how they see him fitting in. If he is a borderline top 6 who may get sent down, you trade him rather than lose him to waivers.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm worried that the Marlies are going to take a step back because their core is going to all get called up.

Marlies are already good to go for a Playoff spot, and their regular season ends after the Leafs' anyway, so all of their guys will be back for the Calder Cup run. Shouldn't really concern anyone right now, and the cup of coffee at the NHL level will be invaluable experience for these kids going into the Playoffs and then the offseason.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I think Percy will look awesome playing Babcocks system. He is the kind of D-man that system is built for. Smart and solid, not flashy. Just gets the job done and then some.

If feels this way too but I'm concerned about his mobility. He has an active stick which hides some of those deficiencies but I'm hoping the NHL speed won't overwhelm him. I would love him on this team next year.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Granberg was ok. Now he's like a #8D or something. Maybe he will get tossed back our way in a TDL deal.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm worried that the Marlies are going to take a step back because their core is going to all get called up.

They missed most of their core players due to injuries, call ups and the WJC's for a big part of the season. They will be fine to a certain degree. They probably won't be as 'hot' as they've been but they should at least be consistent.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

The issue isn't that he's a bust. If he was a bust, he wouldn't get back any value in a trade. The issue is that he's not top end defensive talent, and the bottom of our blue line is already crowded. Out of all the Marlies competing for a spot there, he's the most likely to get a good return.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This is Percy chance to change Babcock first impression...I'm not sure he will be able to do so. Babcock likes good skating D man..time will tell...but I would not be shocked if he starts next season elsewhere.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The issue isn't that he's a bust. If he was a bust, he wouldn't get back any value in a trade. The issue is that he's not top end defensive talent, and the bottom of our blue line is already crowded. Out of all the Marlies competing for a spot there, he's the most likely to get a good return.

He's your classic example of an old stock first rounder from a previous regime with limited upside and looming waiver eligibility.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
They missed most of their core players due to injuries, call ups and the WJC's for a big part of the season. They will be fine to a certain degree. They probably won't be as 'hot' as they've been but they should at least be consistent.

I didn't think they would be "hot" when they lost all those guys either (Nylander, Kapanen, Brown to name a few) but they barely skipped a beat. I haven't had this much faith in a Toronto hockey team since Game 7 of the first round in '93.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Much like Corrado or Granberg he would get cliamed. This is his shot now! If Leaf brass think others have passed him, we should get something. He may not be in our top 4, ever. We have Reilly,Gardiner,possibly Chychrun(top 4 pick?),Corrado,Harrington,Loov,Valiev and soon Dermott.It depends on how they see him fitting in. If he is a borderline top 6 who may get sent down, you trade him rather than lose him to waivers.

WTH is with your bloody obsession with top 4?

all teams have to carry a 5/6 and 7th D

if the bolded still have waiver ability, then they can wait

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Someone claimed he was top 4...

WTH is with your bloody obsession with top 4?

all teams have to carry a 5/6 and 7th D

if the bolded still have waiver ability, then they can wait

And that we would be pissed if we trade him.I wish we had a top 4, we haven't had that since Burns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad