Percentage That Crawford (Plus Others) Could Start in the Blue Paint?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
If you've got star like Lundqvist, could run him out there 44 games + not worry about fatigue. Even w/ playoffs, that's not too heavy a load

This is a very interesting perspective and thought.

I believe Crawford and all the others in the league could play a serious amount of games unless the schedule for this campaign is extremely condensed. We might ride and die with Crawford this year. Seeing him play like 30-35 games is completely realistic. He might push 40.

Thoughts?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ That's a tough call. The schedule reportedly calls for an average of a game every 2 nights. That's a lot of ice time for any goalie. I think 32 - 35 games max would be ideal for a team with an obvious #1. I can see some teams toning that down to 25 - 30 games by essentially splitting the duties until the stretch drive.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
/\ That's a tough call. The schedule reportedly calls for an average of a game every 2 nights. That's a lot of ice time for any goalie. I think 32 - 35 games max would be ideal for a team with an obvious #1. I can see some teams toning that down to 25 - 30 games by essentially splitting the duties until the stretch drive.

This is the kind of stuff I was wondering about.

Martini*

I would rather see Luongo in net for the Hawks then Crawfail.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
This is a very interesting perspective and thought.

I believe Crawford and all the others in the league could play a serious amount of games unless the schedule for this campaign is extremely condensed. We might ride and die with Crawford this year. Seeing him play like 30-35 games is completely realistic. He might push 40.

Thoughts?

With 48 games the schedule is extremely condensed.

By Jan 19 last year, the Hawks had layed 47 games, meaning they had 35 games left.

So, they are condensing 48 games into what was 35. In other words, instead of a game every 2.75 nights, it's one every 2 nights.

cherrypik

Jun 2, 2010
Mundelein, IL
20 Crawford
10 Emery
18 Anderson (Hawks trade prospects for Anderson at the deadline)

I hope Crawford got some work in over the lockout.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I dont think any predictions like this can be made. Without being too vague, there's simply too many unknowns to make predictions about this sort of thing.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
problem isn't the games, it's the back to back or 3 games in 4 nights schedule why you need a good backup in this shortened season.

They all could handle 70 games when they have to play ever friday and sunday and every 2nd Wednesday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad