Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-Abney #36

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Deck #8-Plante #4

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: W Cornet #15, D Henry #39

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), C Martindale #17 (Knee), C/W House #21 (Concussion), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Reassigned To Stockton: C Hunter #11, W Rajala #25

RIVERMEN:
TBD
Roster

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: Justin Schultz' 10 game point streak came to a halt against the Rampage on Sunday and he didn't have a particularly strong game on defense either. Will he be able to put that game behind him and start a new stretch of strong play or has he hit the rookie wall after being leaned on very heavily by the Barons?

RIVERMEN TO WATCH: The Rivermen are led offensively by long time AHL vets TJ Hensick and Derek Nesbitt, rookie Jaden Schwartz, and defenseman Ian Cole. Peoria has a -27 goal differential which is worst in the league. Former Baron Taylor Chorney -20 in 23 games and the aforementioned Schwartz -14 are among 4 Rivermen with a -10 or worse +/- rating. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Quotable]"It's the same guys scoring goals we have to get contributions from other lines we just do and that's something that I can't explain, last year we had scoring spread around. I'm not runnig my lines any different and so those guys have to come to the party, enough's enough."-Barons head coach Todd Nelson after Tuesday's loss against Peoria on his teams lack of secondary scoring.[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Rivermen
Games|22|23
Points|25|20
Wins|11|8
GF|71|53
GA|66|80
Power Play %|22.1|12.5
Penalty Kill %|78.4|81.5
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Rivermen
GOALS: |Eberle (14)|Nesbitt and Schwartz (8)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (21)|Hensick (16)
+/-: |Schultz (+13)|Beach (+7)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Today's Videos]
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I wanna see a big bounce back game. Huge game from the whole team. Ebs, Hall, and Shultz all with multi point games.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
This is a game that we should score a lot and win. Schultz is looking like he's getting a bit worn out. Still playing well but he's having a few more mental breakdowns than usual. I expected this to happen though as he's playing an insane amount of minutes in this AHL schedule. It's hard to stay fresh when your one of the only competent d-men available to play in any situation.

Hopefully we will see a few different players get on the scoresheet tonight. I won't be able to watch until the second as I have hockey practice at 7 as well but hopefully I will be able to catch half of it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully some of the secondary guys have big games and get on the board with goals: Paajarvi, Pitlick, etc. Paajarvi could really use a 2 goal game or something to get some confidence going and Pitlick is still in search of his first goal so obviously he needs one in the worst way.

Last edited:

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Martindale should be soon, haven't heard anything about House.

House would be a big boost on the PK.

On another note, Abney does absolutely nothing for us. He can't even fight that well in my opinion. Glad Rajala is back in the ECHL though. I really think that is the best move for his development, could be good for a couple other players too.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I honetly love AHL live. Reading about it before I bought it I was worried, and it didn't start off great but it's improved a bunch. With the updated quality in the steams I can stream the games on our projector here and the quality is still good.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah I gotta hand it to AHL Live, it was absolutely atrocious for the pre season and the first few weeks. I'm talking like some 2002 era streaming ****. Now they have pausing and rewinding of live feeds and much better quality and such. No longer have any buyers remorse on springing the 150 for it.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Watching hockey makes me forget about the lockout. This will be a good game for the Barons I hope!

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
These guys have to win these sorts of games. HAVE TO. Hopefully the PK and defense are better.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
How has everyone been liking Hartikainen? should become a decent depth guy in Edmonton, will only improve.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
How has everyone been liking Hartikainen? should become a decent depth guy in Edmonton, will only improve.

Ive watched most games of the Barons this year and besides the fab 4 he is easily the next best player on the team.

His offense is solid, his grit is great, even his skating seems much improved.

Hard to imagine him not being a top 9 forward in the NHL for years to come with how well he has played so far this season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Harski has been terrific, IMO he had a less than stellar first couple of games of the year, but then got on the top line and hasn't looked back even since being dropped down a line. His playmaking has been greatly improved, his skating seems to be vastly improved, he has made significant strides this season. IMO he must've had a great offseason of training because another major knock on him (consistency) hasn't been an issue this year. He looks like an NHL player in the AHL, that's the best compliment that IMO you can give to a guy like him.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
Oklahoma City Barons (@OKC_Barons)
#OKCBarons lines:
Hall-Arcobello-Eberle,
Paajarvi-Lander-Hartikainen,
Hamilton-Green-Pitlick,
Byers-VandeVelde-Cornet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad