Series Talk: Pens vs Habs Round 1 Best of Five - Episode 3: Déguédine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm just foolin'

Good stuff by the way re: the charts above. Solids up some suspicions.

I think Zuck/Malkin should be a killer duo, especially with flippin' Rust on the other side.

There IS one thing that could sink it, though...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm just foolin'

Good stuff by the way re: the charts above. Solids up some suspicions.

I think Zuck/Malkin should be a killer duo, especially with flippin' Rust on the other side.

There IS one thing that could sink it, though...

Do tell . . . :popcorn:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think you have to remember that Crosby wasn't playing well for the most part in Zucker's 15 or so games in Pittsburgh. I don't think you can reasonably say "Zucker and Crosby didn't work because their analytics are bad", because that doesn't include how each was individually playing at the time. When Zucker was here, Crosby started showing signs of really slowing down, I imagine due to his hernia surgery. When the line was Zucker-Crosby-Sheary, it was Zucker and Sheary carrying the load on that line and Crosby generally dragging it down. He was really laboring before the shutdown.

I don't think people can judge a player or line combination based solely on the analytics. Zucker and Crosby looked extremely good together and Zucker was very productive in the spot. I'd be willing to bet any bad analytics for that line were due to Crosby's post-injury struggles.
this..people are funny, yes the lines with Geno worked, cause Geno was just that good...and Sid had probably one of his worst stretches in his career... 100 percent agree

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
this..people are funny, yes the lines with Geno worked, cause Geno was just that good...and Sid had probably one of his worst stretches in his career... 100 percent agree

Did you actually read the conversation that started all this?

@Jesse wrote an article about why Malkin and Zucker should be good together. I mentioned it.

Noted in the article that Jesse linked a chart showing the Pens most and least analytically productive lines based on minutes played.

Chart showed Jake-Malkin-Rust was a killer line, which confirms what everyone said.

Chart also showed that Zucker-Crosby-Simon was the Pens one ANALYTICALLY bad line. I said that surprised me given the narrative and my own opinion that Zucker and Sid looked good together.

@pixiesfanyo noted that Zucker-Crosby-Sheary was the good combo. Jesse noted they didn't play enough to chart. I noted that Crosby's and Zucker's individual ES production were no different in the games preceding Sheary's acquisition compared to following it. I also noted that I didn't have possession metrics handy. That was it. No verdict either way.

That's NOT a criticism of Zucker. That was not a criticism of Crosby. It was not a criticism of them together.

All anyone did here was me noting that the chart Jesse provided showed that Zucker-Crosby-- with Simon at least-- was analytically a bad line and that gave me pause because I 'saw it' otherwise.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Non-coupable.

Where's my 'LEAVE MY KRISSY ALONE'?

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pittsburgh media loves to try to make things look even between Murray and Jarry.

Murray got shelled for 7 and then 3.
Jarry got a shutout and then 3 against the group that Murray got jobbed by.

Some popular blogs "Things even now.."

Lol no.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We're gonna actually have a game to watch in one week. Exhibition or otherwise, it'll be great to see.

Reactions: Beau Knows

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We're gonna actually have a game to watch in one week. Exhibition or otherwise, it'll be great to see.

Oh holy ****, didn't realize there was an exhibition game too.

It'll be sloppy, I'm sure, but as I keep saying, it'll still be a nice escape from the daily onslaught of real world bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad