Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Panthers Tuesday at 7 PM: Feels good to be looking forward to games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
One or both of Barkov/Trocheck has to be playing or they would have had to call someone up. So, unless that's happened and it hasn't been released yet, then I think it's safe to say that Barkov will be playing. Hopefully Trocheck goes as well, but sounds like he'll be a gametime decision.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If Trocheck doesnt go

Im expecting

Huberdeau Barkov Dadonov
Hoffman Boyle Connolly
Vatrano Malgin Pysyk
Hunt Acciari Sceviour

Im good with it. We can ALWGAP with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

@PJ817

Find yourself someone that looks at you Like Strals :laugh:

They played together with NYR for a year or two no?
All around though, this is the exact signing we needed.

Tallon is building up Pysyk's value as a versatile for-fenseman and that's gotta double his value from a 3rd to a late 2nd.
But with Brown shitting the bed right now, Pysyk may need to go back with Yandle as they were decent at one point last year, weren't they?
Wonder when we may see Hawk again? Figured he would be somewhat close to the style of play Q wants.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
NYR for 3
Bolts for 3

I wish!! Maybe someday :huh:

Didn't realize it was 3 years with TB, for some reason it felt like only one year because he's bounced around so much.
I do remember watching the Road to the Winter Classic series against PHI if I recall correctly and the camera crew followed Boyle for a bit, who has like 4 or 5 brothers AND sisters. Remember they had an ugly Christmas sweater party and he seemed like a glue/team first guy.
That was 7 years ago, jeeezzz.....

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
who has like 4 or 5 brothers AND sisters. Remember they had an ugly Christmas sweater party and he seemed like a glue/team first guy
Think there are 13 kids? 12 living? His younger brother died as an infant (about 1 month after mine passed away... things that sort of made me feel like ... well, this is hockey; no sentimental joo joo here)

if you go to his wife Lauren's IG account (Lauren E Boyle), there's a pic of him on a boat where I swear the dude is channeling his inner Chandler Bing - hair flying at odd angle; he's always poking fun at himself and opponents (chicken dance, anyone? or the fish-gulping with Letang who took a perfectly pitched dive during ECF); he did the current guy v old Boyle

He is a team first guy, though in all honesty, I would love to see this guy come out and blast one home... get the haters off his tail :naughty:

My Tues night has purpose today :cheer:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Gotta love Boyle.

Even he ends up sucking, which I don't think he will, he seems like such a good dude that I'll still root for him.

Reactions: PJ817

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Newbie to Cats

What should I be looking for? I generally know Bob, Hoff, Bark, Huber (obv #9) what else?

Looking forward to the game; even planned my day around it so I can watch

@ThePatientPanther already covered the practical stuff and he's being gentle, but I'll give you the real lowdown.

- we probably don't have a good start and get scored on first, sluggish to get going. Probably several posters will complain about Ekblad's skating and/or Matheson's low hockey IQ. Some expletives about Yandle are a definite possibility

- if for some miracle we get out to a solid lead to start the game, don't worry, that won't last too long. Refs will call some ticky tack penalty because they hate us or a bounce will go against us.

- when the other team starts fighting back, you'll start hearing talk about how the team is cursed because bb&t center (aka National Car Rental Center aka Office Depot aka Bank Atlantic and now soon to be Sunny Center??) is built on indian burial grounds.

- this is also the appropriate time for the obligatory complaint about how soft this team is and that tallon hasn't done anything about that for...(checks dates)...10 years?? yeah holy crap dude, fix that already. Oh good, boyle just got signed and acciari is awesome...about damn time.

- time for first intermission. maybe barky gets interviewed..he's likely to make some awkward remark that would be funny in finland. Then you have the actually awkward panel with jovo and some other guy who's name I can't remember because they're both terrible.

- we'll probably get some pity penalty from the refs at some point to make it look at least somewhat fairly officiated. hoffman will unleash his cannon, we all celebrate our likely short-lived lead. ensue debate about keeping hoffman vs. dadonov and how we can't keep both. then start debate about how hoffman sucks as a 5v5 player and we shouldn't sign him unless it's for less than $4M/year

- pens probably press after we score our goal and eventually some tipped screened shot gets through, bob gives up a juicy rebound, nobody covers crosby at the doorstep and he scores. here is when you're supposed to complain about either bob because he has poor rebound control and isn't worth $10M or you can complain about the stupid defense for not covering the best player in the world. doesn't matter what you complain about because you're wrong either way

- during second intermission, coach Q probably rips the guys a new one or something like that. honestly I have no idea how he does it, but the boys will come out flying for the third period. unfortunately for us the pens decided to play their 4th string goalie and he's stoning us like all backups do. welcome to being a panthers fan.

- somebody will get hurt at this point when we need them the most, probably barkov because we're cursed. cue talk about how he'll be day-to-day, but he's actually on death's doorstep. now is also appropriate to talk about the curse again.

- time for 3v3 OT! yeah it's pretty fun, you'd think we have some sick skills and do pretty well here. nope sorry, we actually suck in overtime. by this point, we're all just waiting for the inevitable "at least we got a point" because if this thing goes to a shoot out...yeah we suck there too (no seriously, I read recently we've lost more shootouts than anyone else).

- yep we've made it to the shoot out. we actually have some pretty good options here, no idea why we suck so much. but too bad barkov is hurt and he can't show us his slick moves. I have no idea who coach Q goes with, probably something like hoff, troch, malgin. hoff and troch opt to shoot and get stoned by the 4th stringer. bob actually stops crosby and letang. malgin scores to shut up all the doubters about his finishing ability (me included) and mccann misses his attempt on purpose. this was all part of tallon's long-term 4D chess like plan to get us into the playoffs when he gave away mccann to them last year.

congrats, you've made it all the way to the end and hey...we actually won. welcome aboard and enjoy the bumpy ride. it's going to be really bumpy, but you've come at a good time, I think things are finally trending up for this team

peterbiz09

Jun 24, 2012
Miami, FL
@ThePatientPanther already covered the practical stuff and he's being gentle, but I'll give you the real lowdown.

- we probably don't have a good start and get scored on first, sluggish to get going. Probably several posters will complain about Ekblad's skating and/or Matheson's low hockey IQ. Some expletives about Yandle are a definite possibility

- if for some miracle we get out to a solid lead to start the game, don't worry, that won't last too long. Refs will call some ticky tack penalty because they hate us or a bounce will go against us.

- when the other team starts fighting back, you'll start hearing talk about how the team is cursed because bb&t center (aka National Car Rental Center aka Office Depot aka Bank Atlantic and now soon to be Sunny Center??) is built on indian burial grounds.

- this is also the appropriate time for the obligatory complaint about how soft this team is and that tallon hasn't done anything about that for...(checks dates)...10 years?? yeah holy crap dude, fix that already. Oh good, boyle just got signed and acciari is awesome...about damn time.

- time for first intermission. maybe barky gets interviewed..he's likely to make some awkward remark that would be funny in finland. Then you have the actually awkward panel with jovo and some other guy who's name I can't remember because they're both terrible.

- we'll probably get some pity penalty from the refs at some point to make it look at least somewhat fairly officiated. hoffman will unleash his cannon, we all celebrate our likely short-lived lead. ensue debate about keeping hoffman vs. dadonov and how we can't keep both. then start debate about how hoffman sucks as a 5v5 player and we shouldn't sign him unless it's for less than $4M/year

- pens probably press after we score our goal and eventually some tipped screened shot gets through, bob gives up a juicy rebound, nobody covers crosby at the doorstep and he scores. here is when you're supposed to complain about either bob because he has poor rebound control and isn't worth $10M or you can complain about the stupid defense for not covering the best player in the world. doesn't matter what you complain about because you're wrong either way

- during second intermission, coach Q probably rips the guys a new one or something like that. honestly I have no idea how he does it, but the boys will come out flying for the third period. unfortunately for us the pens decided to play their 4th string goalie and he's stoning us like all backups do. welcome to being a panthers fan.

- somebody will get hurt at this point when we need them the most, probably barkov because we're cursed. cue talk about how he'll be day-to-day, but he's actually on death's doorstep. now is also appropriate to talk about the curse again.

- time for 3v3 OT! yeah it's pretty fun, you'd think we have some sick skills and do pretty well here. nope sorry, we actually suck in overtime. by this point, we're all just waiting for the inevitable "at least we got a point" because if this thing goes to a shoot out...yeah we suck there too (no seriously, I read recently we've lost more shootouts than anyone else).

- yep we've made it to the shoot out. we actually have some pretty good options here, no idea why we suck so much. but too bad barkov is hurt and he can't show us his slick moves. I have no idea who coach Q goes with, probably something like hoff, troch, malgin. hoff and troch opt to shoot and get stoned by the 4th stringer. bob actually stops crosby and letang. malgin scores to shut up all the doubters about his finishing ability (me included) and mccann misses his attempt on purpose. this was all part of tallon's long-term 4D chess like plan to get us into the playoffs when he gave away mccann to them last year.

congrats, you've made it all the way to the end and hey...we actually won. welcome aboard and enjoy the bumpy ride. it's going to be really bumpy, but you've come at a good time, I think things are finally trending up for this team

Scary accurate.

Reactions: PJ817

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Tldr

Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad