Proposal: Pens/Flames Blockbuster

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pitt has great RW depth, Flames have great LW depth. Let’s make a deal.

Phil Kessel
Jake Guentzel

For

Johnny Gaudreau
Sam Bennett

Johnny-Sid-Sprong
Hags-Malkin-Hornqvist
Bennett-Brass-Rust

Tkachuck-Monahan-Kessel
Guentzel-Backlund-Frolik

The reality of a trade this big happening is low but just for fun, who says no?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It'd be a fair value swap IF Gaudreau and Kessel were the same age. Since Gaudreau is much younger, Calgary would obviously decline.

It wouldn't be fair if they were the same age, because Guentzel is insanely better and more valuable than Bennett. Gaudreau and Kessel would basically be a wash at the same age.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
As much as the age factor is legitimate...I don't know if I see Gaudreau playing in Pittsburgh longer than Kessel is currently signed for anyway. Couple that with Guentzel being well above Bennett and I'll stick with the 'evil' I know.

For a big trade involving the Pens on this board, though, this is far closer to being fair than I'm used to seeing. My rejection is based more on where the teams are than based on one side clearly winning (Kessel doesn't make a ton of sense for Calgary either, unless you think they're a more legitimate contender than I do).

Reactions: PensandCaps

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
As much as the age factor is legitimate...I don't know if I see Gaudreau playing in Pittsburgh longer than Kessel is currently signed for anyway. Couple that with Guentzel being well above Bennett and I'll stick with the 'evil' I know.

For a big trade involving the Pens on this board, though, this is far closer to being fair than I'm used to seeing. My rejection is based more on where the teams are than based on one side clearly winning (Kessel doesn't make a ton of sense for Calgary either, unless you think they're a more legitimate contender than I do).

And how much would the Pens PP suffer without Kessel?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
No thanks...Guadreau isn't much better than Phil to downgrade fron Guentzel to Bennett.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hornqvist+Sprong

For Tkachuck, I love this player. Does all the things Hornqvist does but at LW. Hornqvist and Sprong most likely ain't enough, but don't know what else to add.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Hornqvist+Sprong

For Tkachuck, I love this player. Does all the things Hornqvist does but at LW. Hornqvist and Sprong most likely ain't enough, but don't know what else to add.

Penguins just resigned Hornqvist. I guarantee no one will ever sign in Pittsburgh again if he's immediately traded

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
No thanks to the OP, Phil would fail on Flames without the Star studded center depth. How about Murray for Bennett, a defensive prospect, not named Valimaki + one of the goalie prospects?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No thanks to the OP, Phil would fail on Flames without the Star studded center depth. How about Murray for Bennett, a defensive prospect, not named Valimaki + one of the goalie prospects?

I genuinely can't think of a single reason that the Penguins would even remotely consider that offer. This entire post is just horrible.

Reactions: PensandCaps

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I genuinely can't think of a single reason that the Penguins would even remotely consider that offer. This entire post is just horrible.

I like how he said Phil would fail without a star centre. Lol....only had his career years with Bozak....

Or lead the playoffs in scoring with Bonino.

Only Flames player I'd trade Murray for is Tkachuck.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Hornqvist+Sprong

A lot

I like Sprong, but right now Tkachuck is a huge core piece for the Flames, who's improving rapidly

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I like how he said Phil would fail without a star centre. Lol....only had his career years with Bozak....

Or lead the playoffs in scoring with Bonino.

Only Flames player I'd trade Murray for is Tkachuck.

You aren’t getting that kind of value with a goalie.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You aren’t getting that kind of value with a goalie.

I know. But that's only where i would trade him. Beyond his value.

Murray's very important to the pens success. The backups have been garbage. Jarry is decent but not nearly as good yet. Moving Murray makes the team worse.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Hahaha nice try. Pitt would have to add a ton more. And Calgary would never give up Johnny for a guy who is already 30+. And would rather keep Bennett over getting Guentzel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->