Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps: Pens crush the Caps spirits.... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: Murray was amazing in this game. One goal that I think he'd want back, but other than that he made hard saves look easy and it took all the energy out of the Caps. I love his bounce back since the first 2 games.

+++ Horny: Welcome back! What a game by #72. He's the guy we just cannot replace in any way. He gets crappy goals and creates space because he battles. #72 is a guy that we need on this team. It can't all be skill goals. We need a guy who can muck and do what he does. And nobody other than Simmonds is even on his level. Re-sign this guy.

+++ PK: Andy99 noted in the pregame talk, Kuhn/Rowney are on L4 to kill penalties tonight. Sacrifice skill for some great PK. It paid off. Great call by Andy and great pulse by Sully to know that. L4 was miserable 5 on 5, but Kuhn/Rowney were great on the PK. Kuhn and Reaves with Rowney can not be a 5 on 5 line. They were terrible. But at least the two were great on the kill.

++ Sully: Can't deny he has a pulse on the team and pulls triggers that seem to work just about every time. I love how he was moving the PP around. It's game 4 of the regular season and he wasn't happy. HE was using all the talent we have. I like that.

= Transition defense is still doing better each game. A lot left to be desired but it's a long season. I think it's trending back upward. There is some extended zone time due to lack of assignments and clears were very poor in the 3rd period.

= Powerplay: PP2 was good. PP1 was lacking battle. Geno/Kessel/Sid need to get to work on the powerplay. They are too passive and want to stand around. Have to get to work. A really bad PP1, a really good PP2.

- Slight minus to Kessel, McKegg, Letang, and L4 5 on 5. Just to be a bit hard on our team.

Reactions: Darth Vitale

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
J58cUOm.png

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
You know it's going to be a good game when the Pens are coming in waves on the forecheck and in the NZ.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For the love of all that is Holy, dress Archie, plz. Let's go to 4 line hockey instead of 3. Or keep Wilson in, atleast he bangs bodies.

Solid test of what Sully/JR have down the middle tonight but i realize WSH isn't the juggernaut it was last season.

Also liked Sully getting Horny out there with Sid with the switch.

All these back to backs, i just want 2 points out of them. Anything above that is gravy.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They got burned by some dumb moments but otherwise it was a good one overall.

They really miss Hornqvist when he's out. Find a f***ing spot for him going forward miss him.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ Murray.
+ Hornqvist. The team really missed his skill set.

Also, Christian Djoos may be one of the best/hilarious names in hockey. Makes me think of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->