Pregame interviews

Birthday Boy - pens.pe/2CSfduY
Viking Warrior - pens.pe/2kzCWt2

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Game Day Interviews, including with the newest Pens' player Jamie Oleksiak:

I am wondering if they acquired him to go along with Reaves and let loose for just this game. ;)

Both seem to be anticipating being very 'physical' tonight.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A few days off, a home game, a rival.

We'll probably be down 2-0 after the first since for some reason we can't start to play until the 2nd.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Going by practice lines and who's probably sitting:

Jake-Sid-Simon
Hags-G-Phil
Sheary/Rust-Sheahan-Horny
Rust/Sheary-Rowney-Reaves

isn't bad compared to vs COL.
Hope Hunwick-Oleksiak can keep their heads above water atleast.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Game Day Interviews, including with the newest Pens' player Jamie Oleksiak:

I am wondering if they acquired him to go along with Reaves and let loose for just this game. ;)

Both seem to be anticipating being very 'physical' tonight.

There's actually a part of me that wonders if Olek's arrival doesn't mean Reaves is out of the door eventually? Seems like he brings a toughness and makes Reaves redundant.

I mean JR isn't shy about admitting/correcting his mistake in-season (witness Perron acquired and then shipped off)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There's actually a part of me that wonders if Olek's arrival doesn't mean Reaves is out of the door eventually? Seems like he brings a toughness and makes Reaves redundant.

I mean JR isn't shy about admitting/correcting his mistake in-season (witness Perron acquired and then shipped off)

I was being tongue in cheek with my comment. I speculated the same after the trade, although this guy seems to be more than just some muscle, and is a legit reclamation project that cost almost nothing.

You can justify the trade without Reaves leaving as well. Though it certainly makes the argument for playing Reaves even weaker.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I was being tongue in cheek with my comment. I speculated the same after the trade, although this guy seems to be more than just some muscle, and is a legit reclamation project that cost almost nothing.

You can justify the trade without Reaves leaving as well. Though it certainly makes the argument for playing Reaves even weaker.

I kinda figured you were joking, but it still was on my mind yesterday. Maybe they give Olek a couple weeks and if they feel like he's going to be a regular, I definitely see Reaves being traded.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
A few days off, a home game, a rival.

We'll probably be down 2-0 after the first since for some reason we can't start to play until the 2nd.

I heard a stat last game that we’ve only won 2 games if we don’t score first (it may have been if we were losing at TGE end of period 1)

Resilience!!!!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I heard a stat last game that we’ve only won 2 games if we don’t score first (it may have been if we were losing at TGE end of period 1)

Resilience!!!!

That would not be far off of most teams. Teams that score first win a good percentage of the time. Like in 2016:

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going by practice lines and who's probably sitting:

Jake-Sid-Simon
Hags-G-Phil
Sheary/Rust-Sheahan-Horny
Rust/Sheary-Rowney-Reaves

isn't bad compared to vs COL.
Hope Hunwick-Oleksiak can keep their heads above water atleast.

I'd say this is more likely than Hornqvist with Sid again, and the best we can hope for right now....now how long they last with Sullivan coaching, is another matter. I give them until the first bad shift

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'd say this is more likely than Hornqvist with Sid again, and the best we can hope for right now....now how long they last with Sullivan coaching, is another matter. I give them until the first bad shift

Sully doesn’t make many in game changes.

Sheary-Sheahan-Hornqvist was productive in the small amount of games they’ve played. I’m sure that doesn’t mean much to the coach though.

Just pick a line up and stick to it!!! :laugh:
If it’s not working get in JR’s ear of what you need.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
would've loved to see Dubinsky in the lineup so Reaves could cave his face in.....but i love Kassian for doing it. Too bad the refs jumped in quickly after Dubinsky turtled...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hmm...no Dubinsky or Werenski...we might actually have a shot...oh wait....

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

CBJ all fired up for the game combined with the pens usually sleep walking through the first period probably means the pens will be down by a goal or two early in the game.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It cracks me up that Hitch is on record of saying they failed Oleksiak by playing him on the right side when he should be on the left side and then our team comes out and says he's fantastic on the right side and that's where he will play.

Lol. Like...it's a car wreck, this team, and I can't look away.

But hey, maybe he actually likes being RD and Hitch is just very wrong.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad