Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Scott Wilson + 2018 3rd rd. pick for Riley Sheahan + 2018 5th rd. pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not too crazy about it, I was hoping Sheahan would come cheaper, but I'll wait to see on it. Wilson wasn't being used here anyway, since Sullivan has some weird love for Kuhnhackl, so I don't think he's much of a loss.

If Detroit retains salary on this at all, I think I'd be more fine with it.

Worse than the Reaves trade

No it's not.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Okay with me. Don’t give up much (not even an every day player) for a guy that will be an every day player. And trade from strength (wing) for weakness (C).

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Here I was stupidly thinking "man, Wilson gives us so much flexibility in the bottom six going forward."

This trade is a pile of meh.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Here I was stupidly thinking "man, Wilson gives us so much flexibility in the bottom six going forward."

This trade is a pile of meh.

I was trying to think of a way to describe it, I think you got it right. Like Wilson isn't anything special, but neither is Sheahan.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Going to agree with the 'meh'. Wilson won't be a huge loss although I thought he wasn't getting great looks this year.

The real question will be where does he play. 3C? 4C?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They got a 25 year old 3rd line center for very little.

That's why its great.

Better way to phrase it: they got a 25 year old guy who was once a 3rd liner, and he might become one again now that he's playing for a good team.

The Penguins search for a 3C certainly isn't done, but at least Sheahan might be the solution for that spot.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going to agree with the 'meh'. Wilson won't be a huge loss although I thought he wasn't getting great looks this year.

The real question will be where does he play. 3C? 4C?

Maybe Wilson wasn't getting "great looks" because they expected to trade him once AA signed

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Sheahan is ultimately a 4C on this team I think. The dude scored 2 goals all of last year and has 0 points in 8 contests so far this year. Unless he can flip a switch with his new team, that lack of secondary scoring won't work here at 3C.

Scott Wilson isn't a loss here. Once in a blue moon he flashes something nice but he doesn't do anything better than somebody like Tommy K, who at the very least is a great PK'er. 3rd for a 5th? Basically gave up a 4th then.

Keep expectations low and maybe we'll be surprised. But at the end of the day we didn't give up anything of real value here.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I have to see how he plays with us prior to determining how "meh" it is.

Wilson wasn't getting playing time as it is along with 2 potential wingers on their way up during the season.

I didn't think they'd do a deal on a game day. But we lost a player that wasn't dressing to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->