Penguins recall Marc-Andre Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Getting pegged with 40 shots a game didnt stunt Luongo's progression... I think it's just time for Fleury to stay put where he belongs, here in the big leagues...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I heard an interview on the radio about a week ago with the hockey writer that covers WBS and he said that it is not too far a stretch to say that their historic start is almost solely credited to MAF . . . he is that far above any other AHL goalie. He also said that Fleury had clearly outgrown the AHL. For whatever that is worth. I personally have not seen a single game of him in WBS, perhaps those who have can comment.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sabourin's record is perfect, but one look at the two's stats says they are not one and the same down there.

Fleury's level of play in Wilkes-Barre isn't the kind that you just say...good...it's the kind that says what the hell is this kid still doing here?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
WashJeffHockey19 said:
Getting pegged with 40 shots a game didnt stunt Luongo's progression... I think it's just time for Fleury to stay put where he belongs, here in the big leagues...
Perhaps not.. But 3 years after being drafted Luongo was still splitting time in the AHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
I heard an interview on the radio about a week ago with the hockey writer that covers WBS and he said that it is not too far a stretch to say that their historic start is almost solely credited to MAF . . . he is that far above any other AHL goalie. He also said that Fleury had clearly outgrown the AHL. For whatever that is worth. I personally have not seen a single game of him in WBS, perhaps those who have can comment.

I've been to a few WBS games.

And yeah, he does look good. Real good. Hopefully for you guys this will translate into actual NHL sucess, which I'm assuming it will.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jon Prescription said:
I've been to a few WBS games.

And yeah, he does look good. Real good. Hopefully for you guys this will translate into actual NHL sucess, which I'm assuming it will.

Limited success I would guess . . . Luongo would have trouble before this defense. Between the idiot that we have masquerading as a coach and the lack of defensive skill the rest of this year will be very spotty in supporting a goalie. Thibault actually did not look nearly as bad as his record indicates.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
Limited success I would guess . . . Luongo would have trouble before this defense. Between the idiot that we have masquerading as a coach and the lack of defensive skill the rest of this year will be very spotty in supporting a goalie. Thibault actually did not look nearly as bad as his record indicates.

See, I told you I just wante to play nice and have an intelligent conversation ;)

What IS the deal with Eddy O? Are they going to can him any time soon? Thibault is actually a pretty solid goalie, so I really don't blame their struggles on him.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I really have to disagree about Tbo. I just haven't been a fan of his since his days with the Nords. Goals seem to go through him, which is harder to deal with than goals beating him. IMO he is very poor technically and is a small goalie that makes himself smaller. Everyone thinks that he gets tired out at the end of the season because of his frail frame but I think that it has more to do with his flaws. He has to overcompansate for them with working harder than he should. He battles and his reflexes are good but this isn't a goalie for a run and gun team or a team that doesn't stress defense.

I wish that the Pens would have brought in Cujo, who is standing on his head with the Yotes. Or at least Burke who is bigger and technically better. I think that kind of a goalie could stand up to the task that the Pens defense offers.

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
I don't see how playing in the NHL would hurt Maffy's confidence. If you'd ask me, being sent down to the AHL is a bigger shot to the confidence than anything else.

Transported Upstater

WashJeffHockey19 said:

MAF and Roberto Luongo are not the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->