GDT: Penguins @ MTL | Let's get ready to Crumble! | Mar. 15, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Are you of Russian origin? The reason I am asking is that Dahlin grew up in an area where bandy is a big sport and bandy is big in certain areas of Russia. Dahlin used to play bandy when he grew up and a lot of his skating technique comes from bandy.
Well, I grew up in the USSR. Soviets started to play hockey in the 50s and pretty all much of those
original hockey players came from bandy. Many of them also were playing for top football (soccer) clubs during summer time.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Galchenyuk and Lekhy are both fire lately.
Lekhonen has had quite the turnaround. He couldn't even take a shot without falling on his ass at the start of the season. The fact that he is able to stand on his two feet is miraculous.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
DLR has zero offensive instincts and mostly plays in his own end. This isn't because his role is defensive as much as it is because he's a very bad hockey player. His defensive metrics are not good.

I'd trade him, or just release him if I can't find a suitor.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Lekhonen has had quite the turnaround. He couldn't even take a shot without falling on his ass at the start of the season. The fact that he is able to stand on his two feet is miraculous.

It was the exact same thing last season. Lehkonen had a hot streak to end the season that made his overall stats look potent, but there was along walk across the desert before that.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Habs remind me of Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

Should be our theme song this season

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
Tough to beat It's the Eye of the grinder

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Please not Paul Stastny....

god god sakes not another incoming 33 year olds in a 5 years contract

Who said anything about a 5 year contract. I'm not saying I'd sign him, I'm saying I'd sooner have him than those other 2 options. Ideally, you're going to find younger centre in a Pacioretty deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad