Proposal: Penguins-Canucks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Penguins trade Pettersson and Sceviour
Canucks trade Virtanen and Sutter at $2.5 million

I recall reading a rumor that the Canucks were interested in trading Virtanen for a depth LD from Florida, so would Vancouver be interested in a swap based around Pettersson for Virtanen? The Penguins get a big RWer that could satisfy their thirst for size/physicality that both Burke and Hextall have made abundantly clear they're looking for. Pettersson can give the Canucks 3rd pair a big boost this year and he can slide onto the 2nd pair with Myers (who I think would be a great complement for him) if the Canucks let Edler walk after the year.

The Sutter and Sceviour swap is mostly just to balance the money, although I think Sutter would be a useful depth addition for the Penguins. Canucks fans seem to hate him so I don't think this swap really matters on the grand scale of the trade.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Pettersson is worth more than Virtanen

VAN adds at least a 3rd here to even out value

Can’t see the Pens re-adding Sutter, he’s not fast enough at this point for their system

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Can’t see the Pens re-adding Sutter, he’s not fast enough at this point for their system

Read the entire trade. It wasn't Virtanen for Pettersson.

Sceviour is slow as shit as well but somehow gets a spot...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't agree with this, I think it's a pretty fair swap. Virtanen is a good 3rd liner while Pettersson is a solid #4D, and both are having down years right now. I think Virtanen's down year is worse than Pettersson's down year, but Virtanen also has much less term left on his deal than Pettersson. I don't think there's a worthwhile difference in value between the two of them.

It's basically just Virtanen for Pettersson, Sceviour and Sutter are mostly only included for cap reasons. I think Sutter may be a useful depth piece, but his value is at most a 5th rounder.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020

I did...

The value gap between Pettersson and Virtanen is much larger than that between Sutter and Sceviour

Given their contracts, Sutter and Sceviour are both essentially worthless and would likely clear waivers

Sutter at 2.5... would also probably clear waivers

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
I don't agree with this, I think it's a pretty fair swap. Virtanen is a good 3rd liner while Pettersson is a solid #4D, and both are having down years right now. I think Virtanen's down year is worse than Pettersson's down year, but Virtanen also has much less term left on his deal than Pettersson. I don't think there's a worthwhile difference in value between the two of them.

It's basically just Virtanen for Pettersson, Sceviour and Sutter are mostly only included for cap reasons. I think Sutter may be a useful depth piece, but his value is at most a 5th rounder.

If you think Pens fans are down on Pettersson you should see how down Canucks fans are on Virtanen

I think Virtanen is worth like a 4th/5th at this point

Some might disagree, but Pettersson’s value is closer to a 2nd/3rd plus imo (not that he would get moved for picks given cap in the NHL right now, but in a hockey trade he would get moved for a player with around that value)

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I would want Sutter back only if Rutherford became GM of the Canucks and trade him for the 3rd time, this will be worth it.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We have all kinds of depth LD in Vancouver. Edler, Hughes, Schmidt, Benn, Juolevi...and thats just on our roster at present. Scevoir does nothing for us either. I know Virtanen has limited value leaguewide, but this deal does nothing for the Canucks at all.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Penguins trade Pettersson and Sceviour
Canucks trade Virtanen and Sutter at $2.5 million

I recall reading a rumor that the Canucks were interested in trading Virtanen for a depth LD from Florida, so would Vancouver be interested in a swap based around Pettersson for Virtanen? The Penguins get a big RWer that could satisfy their thirst for size/physicality that both Burke and Hextall have made abundantly clear they're looking for. Pettersson can give the Canucks 3rd pair a big boost this year and he can slide onto the 2nd pair with Myers (who I think would be a great complement for him) if the Canucks let Edler walk after the year.

The Sutter and Sceviour swap is mostly just to balance the money, although I think Sutter would be a useful depth addition for the Penguins. Canucks fans seem to hate him so I don't think this swap really matters on the grand scale of the trade.

God, Pittsburgh passes.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We have all kinds of depth LD in Vancouver. Edler, Hughes, Schmidt, Benn, Juolevi...and thats just on our roster at present. Scevoir does nothing for us either. I know Virtanen has limited value leaguewide, but this deal does nothing for the Canucks at all.

Schmidt is a RD as far as I know, Benn is a UFA after the year and Juolevi stinks. And if this was the case, why was there that rumor that Vancouver was talking to Florida about a Virtanen for Nutivaara swap?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Schmidt is a RD as far as I know, Benn is a UFA after the year and Juolevi stinks. And if this was the case, why was there that rumor that Vancouver was talking to Florida about a Virtanen for Nutivaara swap?

Schmidt plays both sides, as needed, and has been better on the left. Benn stinks and is UFA, but have you watched Juolevi? Green has a hardon for vets, and we're upset he hasn't gotten more/better ice time.

That's the thing about rumours though, until they come to pass, it's just gossip.

If it's my call, we still pass. We get nothing that helps us more than the guys we give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad