GDT: Penguins @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I forgot about compliance buy-outs...but do they override NMC's?

If so then we can maybe get out from $9.5 in "just" 3 more seasons instead of 6 more seasobsvof this disaster. If not...then thecalbayross will keep us fron ever being consistently competent enough to risecto topb3rdvpg the league...

I do not really count minus stats from en goals against a player is on for ...but for the -3 we posted at 5x5 play of which 2 of the goals were directly caused from his errors and failed tasks, well he impacted this in a big way.That Vlasic could not bail him out is surprising given how well Vlasic was able to save $9.5 so often ...until these last 2 games lost.

Any d-partner with $9.5 is eventually going to wear down and fail to be able to cover for the mistakes and fails from $9.5 ...andvit looks like this has happened tobVlasic the last 2 games.

In any case Crosby +3 ,and $9.5(our highest paid guy) was -4 (-3 in 5x5) and that is the story of this game in a nutshell ...their top paid star came through for them...ours utterly failed...

6 more seasons of $9.5 is too depressing to even contemplate ..Unless therexare compliance buy-outs when the NHL expands again (maybe after just 3cmore seasons) and providing NMCs cannot block such CBO opportunity to dump a contract without having to worry about cap implications...

As long as the curse of $9.5 lingers on ,we may never see a winning record.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kane and Toews ALWAYS dominated Crosby and Malkin…look it up…the NHL I believe always wanted a Chi-Pit Final, never materialized…

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The tank is running wild, brother

The tank is giving the big boot to the face and the Hogan leg drop to the other tanning teams haha

Who cares? Neither is the goalie of the future and losing is unironically better for this team in the long run.

If the Hawks want to ensure they finish dead last… they should play Soda more often. A loss is as close to a certainty as death and taxes when he’s in the net.

Reactions: Pez68

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On 2 Crosby goals hexwas unguarded to the left of Soda ...Why was the Hawks' LW check up high and nowhere in sight down low to check hom?

Maybe you could argue Vlasic should have ave been awarex rosby was lurking free there and should have moved to check him

.but if a Hawks winger or center is on Crosby like glue these same 2 easy goals merely because Crosby was allowed to go to an open spot and wait for the puck to come to him for relatively easy uncontested goals would ...have been prevented ....

Communication between D and Forwards was simply not there in this game for proper check coverage.

But Hawks forwards on this team are VAD in checking coverage in d-zone...

Too many Hawks forwards are not capable of helping the dmen and they also cannot score offensively.. The result is most of our forwards oare bad hockey players...if our goalies are not outstanding then the losses keep piling up.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
On 2 Crosby goals hexwas unguarded to the left of Soda ...Why was the Hawks' LW check up high and nowhere in sight down low to check hom?

Maybe you could argue Vlasic should have ave been awarex rosby was lurking free there and should have moved to check him

.but if a Hawks winger or center is on Crosby like glue these same 2 easy goals merely because Crosby was allowed to go to an open spot and wait for the puck to come to him for relatively easy uncontested goals would ...have been prevented ....

Communication between D and Forwards was simply not there in this game for proper check coverage.

But Hawks forwards on this team are VAD in checking coverage in d-zone...

Too many Hawks forwards are not capable of helping the dmen and they also cannot score offensively.. The result is most of our forwards oare bad hockey players...if our goalies are not outstanding then the losses keep piling up.
i am fascinated by how he takes 5-6 paragraphs to conclude with “team’s losing because the players are bad”.

Reactions: Pez68

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Is this the first time Crosby has won at the UC? Or did that happen last year?

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
As part of trip from Van to Chicago, I was at both Canucks and Pens game. I can say the Hawks look far worse in person than they do on TV. That first period against Van was absolutely brutal and embarrassing. As for Pens game, Connor looked better as game went on. Sid was in beast mode.

Reactions: clydesdale line

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Was at the game as well. Stupid good seats I won in a raffle. Right behind the Hawks bench. Really good energy in the arena. Bedard was electric.

Attachments

• IMG_20240217_100945.jpg
    IMG_20240217_100945.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad