Edmonton
Mark Letestu

Pittsburgh
Riley Sheahan
2018 2nd rd pick
2019 3rd rd pick

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
For the 3rd line center

Ottawa
Brassard

Pittsburgh
Filip Gustavson
Patric Hornqvist
2018 2nd rd pick
2019 3rd rd pick

OR

Edmonton
Mark Letestu

Pittsburgh
Riley Sheahan
2018 2nd rd pick
2019 3rd rd pick

Too much in both scenarios, way too much. Ottawa probably doesn’t want a UFA either (although I guess they can trade him at the deadline).

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
For the 3rd line center

Ottawa
Brassard

Pittsburgh
Filip Gustavson
Patric Hornqvist
2018 2nd rd pick
2019 3rd rd pick

OR

Edmonton
Mark Letestu

Pittsburgh
Riley Sheahan
2018 2nd rd pick
2019 3rd rd pick

That 2nd offer is absolutely terrible for Pittsburgh. Sheahan has 10 pts in 24 games - 9 of which were in his last 14 or 15 games. He's on pace for 34 points since arriving in PIT. Not quite as much as Letestu, but whatever "upgrade" might be there is questionable at best... Moving him alone for Letestu is a loss due to their ages, contracts and RFA vs UFA status, let alone adding a 2nd and a 3rd to it.

The first offer doesn't make sense for either team. Pittsburgh won't be moving Hornqvist unless they absolutely have to, and Ottawa wouldn't be wanting the pending FA in Hornqvist.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
That 2nd offer is absolutely terrible for Pittsburgh. Sheahan has 10 pts in 24 games - 9 of which were in his last 14 or 15 games. He's on pace for 34 points since arriving in PIT. Not quite as much as Letestu, but whatever "upgrade" might be there is questionable at best... Moving him alone for Letestu is a loss due to their ages, contracts and RFA vs UFA status, let alone adding a 2nd and a 3rd to it.

The first offer doesn't make sense for either team. Pittsburgh won't be moving Hornqvist unless they absolutely have to, and Ottawa wouldn't be wanting the pending FA in Hornqvist.
but Ottawa could still turn around and flip Horny at the Deadline, Ottawa needs the picks they don't have a 1st or 2nd....

Do you want to resign Horny, or let him walk as ufa????

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pass on trading Horny. Trading Hornqvist is sending the wrong message, we need players who give a damn so trading him would mean we don't give a shit about working hard.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
If the Pens get the ship righted, Brassard for Letang would be interesting, but the hole losing Letang opens makes things difficult. Then we're trading futures for another minute-eating D man, and everyone in the current D starts taking on alot more time. At the very least, its not possible until Schultz comes back and looks at home.

Brassard isnt the answer here. Until the team start performing as they should, all four lines and all the D pairs, then there is no point burnishing the team with excessive forward depth, as Brassard would do. This isnt fixable by a trade, its fixable by the players looking at themselves and pointing the finger in the mirror.

Pass on trading Horny. Trading Hornqvist is sending the wrong message, we need players who give a damn so trading him would mean we don't give a **** about working hard.

Cant be repeated and quoted enough.

If their answer to these current threats/the team's current funk is to trade the lunchpail guy who gives his all every night, then Mario's country club is back with a vengeance.

If he's not a Pen next year and he's still on affordable contract, there's something wrong with this team. More than any other player he's altered the chemistry and outlook of this team the last 3 years.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
If the Pens get the ship righted, Brassard for Letang would be interesting, but the hole losing Letang opens makes things difficult. Then we're trading futures for another minute-eating D man, and everyone in the current D starts taking on alot more time. At the very least, its not possible until Schultz comes back and looks at home.

Brassard isnt the answer here. Until the team start performing as they should, all four lines and all the D pairs, then there is no point burnishing the team with excessive forward depth, as Brassard would do. This isnt fixable by a trade, its fixable by the players looking at themselves and pointing the finger in the mirror.

Cant be repeated and quoted enough.

If their answer to these current threats/the team's current funk is to trade the lunchpail guy who gives his all every night, then Mario's country club is back with a vengeance.

If he's not a Pen next year and he's still on affordable contract, there's something wrong with this team. More than any other player he's altered the chemistry and outlook of this team the last 3 years.
I agree I just worry about the term, would we want to do a $6m for 5-6 years, if he goes to market I could see him getting even more it only takes one gm

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
but Ottawa could still turn around and flip Horny at the Deadline, Ottawa needs the picks they don't have a 1st or 2nd....

Do you want to resign Horny, or let him walk as ufa????

Pretty much every Pen fan should want to re-sign him - especially if the rumor about him wanting 5x5.5m is true.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd be very interested in Brassard, but I don't know how it could realistically be done. I don't think Ottawa would be interested in Sheary as the first piece for Brassard, and I wouldn't be comfortable with doing Maatta because of Brassard's age.

I'd rather go after Pageau to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad