Prospect Info: Penguins #7 prospect

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Dominik Simon grabs 6th place, certainly the highest-entering 5th round pick we've ever had. Added Nikita Pavlychev.

2015 poll results:
#1 Matt Murray (54.48%)
#2 Daniel Sprong (40.14%)
#3 Oskar Sundqvist (50.00%)
#4 Brian Dumoulin (83.33%)
#5 Tristan Jarry (36.73%)
#6 Dominik Simon (37.08%)

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Poor Connor Sheary cannot catch a break. I chose him this time.

Yeah me too & after Wilson & Sheary are picked, i'm gonna go with the giant mutant Russian. I mean... he's only 18.

Still time to grow up to 6'8", will take a couple of years just to get used to his size. Should beef up to at least 240 pnds.

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
Guentzel. To me he is 5th after the rather obvious Top 4. Do not get the hype Simon is getting. Guentzel, Wilson and Rust should easily be ahead of him IMO. Sheary, Archibald, Blugers are at least close. Has to be a little bit of new toy syndrom.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I'd say it's more because Simon has shown something at a pretty high level already. He had a good season in the Czech league and then played well with (and outscored some) Czech veteran NHLers at the Worlds in May. And he's still two years younger than the others except Guentzel and Blueger. It remains to be seen how his game translates to North America. But you could argue the same about our college prospects turning pro.

Voting for Wilson again. Of all the WBS forward prospects he seems to offer the best combination of skill, versatility and NHL readiness. I like the Bob Errey comparison courtesy of Bombulie. Could be a really useful jack of all trades unlike some others who rely primarily on one outstanding attribute like Rust's speed, Kühnhackl's shot or Zlobin's nose for the net.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

honestly whenever zlobin got drafted i just had a feeling like he might turn out right, so for the last 3 years i've just been acting like that's obviously true. i think it helps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad