Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Sabres 1 - GQ Sweeps the Home and Home with Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Also super happy for Hagelin. He's been playing better recently and deserved one. If he keeps it up it will go a long way to getting the depth scoring we need.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
moose.gif

Is that Cole after you tried to take him sale shopping?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Crosby My Captain 87

Jan 5, 2016
I think Hagelin has been really good the last few weeks and it's awesome he got one tonight. I thought all of our dmen looked great, with the exception of Schultz.

Re-sign Horny

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Very cool. Buffalo has some talent. They just are not on the same page with each other/gameplan is bad.

Good wins. Three weeks ago, I guarantee we would have lost at least one and the other into OT at 1-1.

So. Nice last two days indeed.

Edit. That kessel goal man. I mean. He loves going far side. But to realize he didn't have that angle, in about half a second and half a stride, and to rip it near side like that by opening the face of his stick and rotating his hips...good lord. You can't teach that. And it's worth whatever he is paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Machine

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So, after this one, Jarry's GAA is about 2.00, and his save percentage is now .936.

Goaltending controversy? :popcorn:

ok i'll bite. no controversy of course. However, I do like Jarry's game right now better then Murray's before he left with injury. However this might be just the thing to lit a fire under Murray to kick it to the next level. Still I like watching Jarry play right now, and Murray whenever a shot goes high glove it has a far to great of a chance of going in. *still*

Murray is our guy. He's also Sullivan's guy, there is no controversy unless Murray just utterly craps the bed for an extended period of time.

Reactions: Shady Machine

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
MM's injury will have some positives, he's getting some rest in a long season, and Jarry is getting invaluable experience and confidence for when we need him down the stretch or even in the post season. Organizational depth is paying off.

And re-sign PH please.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would only imagine we'd have a few posters who have gone MIA if Murray was hurt and MAF was not. They seem to lurk in the shadows and pick their spots. :laugh:

I think Jarry is staying up with the Pens from now on. He's the one thing we REALLY needed at the right time. Out of all the things that haven't gone our way, I am so happy to see that has.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Couple odd games to help the season +/-

They'll get out of the minus eventually.

Gotta love Jarry. Love when youngsters are given an opportunity and grab it by the horns!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kip Drory said:
I'm confused. Should I change my opinion based on how you feel?

Don't be. I'll help:

The better posters here try to learn from others' opinions, even if they may disagree.

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sully overflowing with praise for Horny in the post game. Take a hint, JR. Extend Horny (and Rust!)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I also want to know what the hell Kessel did differently this summer.

I sure didn't expect this. He's playing like he could have a career year at 30.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I would only imagine we'd have a few posters who have gone MIA if Murray was hurt and MAF was not. They seem to lurk in the shadows and pick their spots. :laugh:

I think Jarry is staying up with the Pens from now on. He's the one thing we REALLY needed at the right time. Out of all the things that haven't gone our way, I am so happy to see that has.

I'm sure there will be speed bumps at some point with Jarry but it's good to see him have some early success so that he knows he can do it.

It's puzzling why he wasn't on the team from the start. Kid had a 925 save percentage last season, and it was his second year in the AHL. It's easy to use hindsight of course but imo there was no reason not to pencil him in coming into this year. Two seasons in the AHL with his second being very good. He was ready.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I also want to know what the hell Kessel did differently this summer.

I sure didn't expect this. He's playing like he could have a career year at 30.

Stanley Cups full of hot dogs.

He switched to nitrate free hotdogs

I'm sure there will be speed bumps at some point with Jarry but it's good to see him have some early success so that he knows he can do it.

It's puzzling why he wasn't on the team from the start. Kid had a 925 save percentage last season, and it was his second year in the AHL. It's easy to use hindsight of course but imo there was no reason not to pencil him in coming into this year. Two seasons in the AHL with his second being very good. He was ready.

They wanted him to play more than just a back up.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They wanted him to play more than just a back up.

Matt Murray isn't used to playing a lot of games. There would have been nothing wrong with playing Jarry 35-40 games and the rest to MM. That would have been more than enough games for Jarry to develop properly imo.

But it's worked out in the end I suppose.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Matt Murray isn't used to playing a lot of games. There would have been nothing wrong with playing Jarry 35-40 games and the rest to MM. That would have been more than enough games for Jarry to develop properly imo.

But it's worked out in the end I suppose.

I agree especially with the back to backs we’ve had but JR has been burned in the goalie department in the past by not having enough good goalie depth. It’s one area he’s more cautious in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad