KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang

giphy.gif

Sheary

giphy.gif

Ah, hell, this whole team

giphy.gif

EDIT: Once this game went 2-0, Murray was huge. Even if it's not always pretty, the guys who win cups make the big saves at the big moments, and that's why Murray wins cups. I guess you can say the same for Sid and Geno . . . no matter how it may look at times, they make the plays when they are needed most.

PensFan8771

Oct 3, 2017
For being 35th in the league in save percentage (announcers kept saying it the entire game on the stream) and not losing a game that's pretty crazy

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah this is a toughie to analyze again. Good, bad, a bit of ugly, a bit of great. I don't really know what to say. Murray was great at times but that 1st goal is on him. The team was good but everyone was also inconsistent. The lack of focus over 60 minutes is bruuuutal. I understand it. But boy it's weird.

I think the most consistent players were Geno and Schultz. Everyone else has good moments and bad moments.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Meh, i wouldn't say the whole team, KIRK.
They had an excellent push back and Murray made 3 key stops to seal it.

Also, these guys Rowney, Kuhnackl, etc. They have to be played to close out games atm. You can not run Sid, etc. ragged. Once you get a good 3C, he can close them out and the Kuhnackl's and Rowney's are 12th-14th F's.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Games like this are important because they reinforce the idea that this team is never out of a game. The offense is always good enough to come back. Always. That's huge for the mental makeup of this team. They might not always play a smart game but they sure as hell always play a confident one.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
A friend of mine who is a flyer fan lost his **** on me tonight on me after Crosby scored tonight. Telling me how he hates Crosby and he's so jealous of our success. I've never seen him like that. :laugh:

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
PIT was in full control from line changes to Keagar?? made a tremondous play to tie it.

Another 2pts on a back to back in the bank. Thats all i'm looking for with these + the roster right now.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meh, i wouldn't say the whole team, KIRK.
They had an excellent push back and Murray made 3 key stops to seal it.

Also, these guys Rowney, Kuhnackl, etc. They have to be played to close out games atm. You can not run Sid, etc. ragged. Once you get a good 3C, he can close them out and the Kuhnackl's and Rowney's are 12th-14th F's.

Running Sid and Geno ragged is a legitimate concern right now. Perhaps a bigger one than the state of the team's defensive play or other inconsistencies.

Reactions: BHD

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
For being 35th in the league in save percentage (announcers kept saying it the entire game on the stream) and not losing a game that's pretty crazy

Seriously though, that's how Mario's teams played, Tommy Barrasso was really awesome, but had a pretty terrible save percentage through those glory years. They put him back there on an island, gave him 5 goals a game, and as long as he gave up under 5, we'd usually win.

I mean, he spent a lot of time sitting around in the locker room flicking a lighter , but we mostly won.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So, the pattern for 2017 will be one goal games.

Not great. I mean, I dont want the Pens losing by multiple goals. But, they gotta execute better in the wins.

edit: PP has been pretty hot lately. Gonna suck when teams play disciplined against us..

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Seriously though, that's how Mario's teams played, Tommy Barrasso was really awesome, but had a pretty terrible save percentage through those glory years. They put him back there on an island, gave him 5 goals a game, and as long as he gave up under 5, we'd usually win.

I mean, he spent a lot of time sitting around in the locker room flicking a lighter , but we mostly won.

Mario to Tommyboy, "Keep it to 3 and under."

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is the result of extreme talent having some focus issues coming off back to back cup wins... they may need a rallying cry later in the season.. it wouldn't surprise me for them to bring in a well liked, cupless vet nearing the back end of his career at some point...

Reactions: ColePens and Peat

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This is the result of extreme talent having some focus issues coming off back to back cup wins... they may need a rallying cry later in the season.. it wouldn't surprise me for them to bring in a well liked, cupless vet nearing the back end of his career at some point...

Iginla to give everyone flashbacks.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

So...Joe Thornton for 3C at TDL? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad