Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 3 (OT) - Riley Sheahan Beat a Goalie

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
tenor.gif

As for the rest of it, it was the typical Penguins game. Good and bad from pretty much everyone. Geno. Sid. Even Sheahan, who scored the goal, blew covering his man, Nelson, on the game tying goal. Aside from that . . .

+++++++ Jarry for making enough saves
+++++ The American Dream Phil Kessel putting hard times on another goalie
+++ Ruh for being our best defenseman
+++ Horny for making @ColePens so __________

------------- Sully for his mindless line juggling
---------------------------------------------------- Letang at ES for reasons that should be obvious.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This team still needs to improve defensively a lot, but I 'm really satisfied with the progression Sheahan has shown. He needs to continue to do what he has done and get better, but it's encouraging so far. That wiff in OT was painful to watch, though.

This team still has issues, although it's nice to get a win.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sheahan could have really used that OT goal.

Ugly OT but it got the job done. Ugly last 10 minutes.

Minus to Sully for forcing Rust on Sid and taking Sheary away.

Kessel yay to lasers. Happy :)

I give a plus to Jarry too. I thought he played well.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We essentially have one line that can score at ES once in a while. (against playoff teams)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My major issue with the Pens was on full display tonight. The tale of 2 teams. Lack of focus/hunger and a team who plays like they can. Here we go:

+++++ Kessel: I loved Phil's game. He is so noticeable all game long. And his snipes are surreal. They go in so fast you can barely see 'em. We are so blessed to have 81.

+ Horny: Always love his heart.

+ Jarry: I thought he was terrific. Poised and he never let the game get out of control. A lot of danger zone shots. He was up to the task.

+ Ruh: Best defender... I don't know if that's a good thing.

- Lack of focus: Example of lack of focus - Guentzel: Key part of our only goal. Also had his lack of focus taking a dumb stickwork penalty instead of just keeping the feet moving. It happens all game long. Geno.. played INCREDIBLE in this game, and lost his focus one time being cute to get more offense up 3-1 with 5 minutes left to play. They just cannot stay focused. And when they drop focus, they let in goals left/right. Piss poor focus once again. It's the #1 issue on this team right now. I can provide like 10 examples from this game alone. It's the tale of two teams.

- Sully: First period you are running the lines and playing well. Even L4 was getting zone time. 1st period shots 15 to 6 in favor of the Pens. What does Sully do? He changes the lines to start the 2nd. WHAT? :laugh: WHY? That is dumb. Sully.. what the ****? That was a piss poor coaching display. The #1 heart guy barely saw time in the 3rd period in Hornqvist.

- Sid: That play when he was stickless was dumb. I think that's the first time I've ever called 87 dumb. He played an awful game.

= Letang: Key part of our PP goals. Had two points. Was good offensively. Defensively - an utter mess. Turnovers, idiotic plays, and way too inconsistent.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don’t like this team. Idgaf who it is but lazy shit and stupid shit needs to result in a missed shift and eventually a scratch. Sullivan can also go f*** himself, JR should waive Kuhnhackl as a punishment to Sullivan because Sullivan is in f***ing idiot territory and then whoever should tear into JR over his stupid Reaves shit.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We have got to play with better fundamentals. We tried to get too cute there at the end. Just take the smart play and get the puck out of the zone. Damn!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
You know, Caufield, it's OK to s*** on them a little bit when they go all Keystone Kops when it's time to close the game out.

At least Armstrong didn't go into full ass-kissing mode.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
31 minutes of mediocrity, 25 minutes of good hockey and 5 minutes of abysmal hockey.....that about sums up the season so far too

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sucks to give a point away to a division rival, but they got the win so that’s something. Sheahan scores with a nice shot so that’s neat but man what a whiff in OT.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hopefully by March this will just be another game. Two cups so can't complain that much. Pens getting owned the last five minutes sans Kessel breakaway. Letang is just brutal in his decision making. Malkin just needed to play with a defensive first the last 8 minutes. lazy lack of hustle without the puck on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->