Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 0 - iPad Supplants Phil as Team MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What a game from Sid.

And Sprong.

And Jarry.

Simon looked good.

This one makes JR's job tougher. After yesterday, you think they're toast. Watching today, seeing how fresh blood energized Sid, one wonders if a 3C and a LW for Geno could be the type of game changers Sprong and Simon were for Sid tonight.

EDIT: Exit question . . . if you like that Sid line and you like the idea of Phil with a 3C, what do you do with Horny? Does he become one of your trade chips? Horny and a defenseman to get your 3C and a winger better suited than Horny to play with Geno?

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Awesome to see Sid get those points. And Sprong, kid looks good.

I'm as big as a Murray fan as there is, but man, Jarry was a beast. He needs to play more.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't buy that this game is an indication of a turnaround (not falling for that again), but I do buy that Sprong is legit. If Sprong sticks with Crosby and Crosby remembers he's Crosby, I think that will go an extremely long way to turning this season around. Statistically, the 2nd line this year has been pretty good (should be better, but you can't reasonably say it was bad like Crosby's line), so having your top-6 clicking is a great way to start stringing together some wins.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
tumblr_nwag7zs2me1r6f9y3o2_500.gif

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Jarry and Sprong sparking this one.

Bottom line, got 4 out of 6 points against Flyers-Canes-Isles this week, gave up 2. Two really nice games. One dud. Can't complain.

Reactions: Giskard

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
That was certainly encouraging, but I said I thought they were turning a corner before and was proven wrong.

Jarry needs to play more and maybe even get the lion's share of starts for the next little bit. Murray was great the last 2 years but not cutting it yet this year.

Sprong is love.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
I don't like the idea of trading Hornqvist but if he's a good trade chip to a contender in the West, I would certainly consider it. Not even sure what value he has, but I just know that once he's on a team what he brings to the team is invaluable.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
+ Sid looking like Sid

+ Sprong, hungry, driving to the net, know where goals are scored, and with that shot, he can score from anywhere. Hopefully he will keep getting time with Sid.

+ Jarry, so strong, so confident. Made some huge saves. Terrific game. Ride him while he is playing like this.

+ Sid for his acceptance at the University of Phoenix.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Getting Sid going is so important atm.
Game like this maybe gets him goin'.

Gus/SWE tied at 1 for Gold, if you want more hockey.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
EDIT: Exit question . . . if you like that Sid line and you like the idea of Phil with a 3C, what do you do with Horny? Does he become one of your trade chips?

Who plays with Geno then? LW-Geno-Rust? I really don't want to trade Hornqvist, but I get the logic.

Anyway, man that was fun to watch. Sid looked energized and was flying. Sprong with a sick snipe. Jarry was really good. Impressive stuff.

Reactions: BHD

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
What a game from Sid.

And Sprong.

And Jarry.

Simon looked good.

This one makes JR's job tougher. After yesterday, you think they're toast. Watching today, seeing how fresh blood energized Sid, one wonders if a 3C and a LW for Geno could be the type of game changers Sprong and Simon were for Sid tonight.

EDIT: Exit question . . . if you like that Sid line and you like the idea of Phil with a 3C, what do you do with Horny? Does he become one of your trade chips? Horny and a defenseman to get your 3C and a winger better suited than Horny to play with Geno?

If you get a guy like Pacioretty for Geno, Horny can be the winger with jam for that line. Sheary becomes the tradebait in that scenario. Hags a cap dump most likely.

Rust - Sid - Sprong
Pac - Geno - Horny
Guentzel - 3C - Phil
Kuhn - Shehan - Reaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->