Prospect Info: Penguins #3 prospect

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You people better be right about Aston-Reese, damn it. I'm taking a lot on faith for a guy who has 10 total AHL games to his credit to be chosen as the 3rd best prospect in the system.

Well, he did score 8 points in those 10 games (Guentzel had 6 points in his first 11 AHL games the year before) after leading the NCAA in scoring and being considered the consensus best college FA last year.

He's got pretty good pedigree, and his competition's not exactly overflowing with sure things.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I took Blueger since ZAR is fairly inexperienced and new... i think Teddy or Simon are getting some serious NHL time early this year and ZAR is backlogged on the wing

Why isn't our most recent UDFA on this list?

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I voted ZAR based on his maturity and recent history. I think that Simon can be an NHL player. Can someone who watches WBS compare Simon and Blueger's game? I havn't gotten to see Bluegers play yet.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I'd take guys that are much closer to the show like Simon and Bluegers rather than him. Plus I'd like to see if he can replicate his season. Hes too far away for me to pick at #5 even if he has good potential.

I always thought those rankings were mostly based on potential. Blueger might be more NHL ready but his ceillings aren't as high. Lafferty has definite top 6 potential.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I voted ZAR based on his maturity and recent history. I think that Simon can be an NHL player. Can someone who watches WBS compare Simon and Blueger's game? I havn't gotten to see Bluegers play yet.

Complete opposite end of the spectrum players.

Simon is not overly physical at all and is basically a one-way offensive player. He struggled for months last year too with burying chances. His future doesn't look great with our wingers right now.

Blueger is a for sure bottom 6 NHL'er. He's gritty, hard on the puck and can do everything you need a center to do. He'll definitely see games up this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad