Penguins’ Murray anxiously awaits next challenge

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
matt_murray_wilkes_barre-scranton_050715.jpg
Photo: Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins goaltender and Pittsburgh Penguins prospect Matt Murray led the AHL in three categories in his rookie season (courtesy of Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire)

</p>Expectations were tempered for Pittsburgh Penguins goaltending prospect Matt Murray. Heading into the 2014-15 season, his first year as a pro, Murray was expected to compete with veteran Jeff Zatkoff for starts in the AHL. Instead, the first-year goalie finished the 2014-15 season as AHL Goaltender of the Year, AHL Rookie of the Year, and led the league in goals-against average, shutouts, and save percentage.

Murray’s AHL rookie season ranks among the best individual regular seasons in league history.… read more

The post Penguins’ Murray anxiously awaits next challenge appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
He will be making his NHL debut at some point this year I suspect. Will be the man if something happens to MAF.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I met Matt Murray last week. Nice guy. Tall, lanky. He even took an awkward accidentally selfie with me. Good times. You expect a prospect to be a bit coy about his future but he made no bones about it, he wanted to play for Pittsburgh ASAP.

IMG_0622.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad