Penalty or not?

Warrat

Dec 6, 2017
I was called for an unspecified penalty and am unsure if it so. The ref couldnt clearly explain why, but felt it was. What I did - in a race to the puck I lost and while the opposing player was trying to protect the puck his elbow was exposed by side, within my reach, so I open glove tapped, not shoved/pushed, it forcing him to lose control of the puck. Yes I was behind, so that may factor in, but I don't know what penalty that would be.

Warrat

Dec 6, 2017
I dont know how you'd figure it was even close to a match, if at all a penalty. There was no chance of injury at all. He simply lost puck control for split second giving me time to get better position

Warrat

Dec 6, 2017
2 min minor only. If it's a penalty then so be it. Im just curious what rule it violates. I DL'd the NHL rulebook and on quick glance could figure out what violation it was. Haven't had a chance to delve to in depth though.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Unsportsmanlike. Not defined in the rulebook I bet, just against 'the code'

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
You can find the hockey Canada casebook online. It's not a rule book
Well it is. But it's really the officials (me) bible for situations and scenarios. The nhl has different rules then hockey Canada and USA hockey and are more inline with the iihf.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
I dont know how you'd figure it was even close to a match, if at all a penalty. There was no chance of injury at all. He simply lost puck control for split second giving me time to get better position

Embellishment?

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I have no idea what happened, based on your explanation, but you seem to be saying you made a "non hockey move" to take the puck from an opponent. That's usually going to be a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad