Penalty for show boating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
There is such a penalty.

And, Canada made a complaint or a warning to IIHF. They just said that this is not sportsmanlike and it should not happen. TSN.ca said that the worse they could do was give a 2 minute penalty. I would be suprised if they did it, unless Russia goes over the edge. They'll get plenty of warnings before getting a penalty.

It also depends where the ref is from. If he's an American or a Canadian, he might be more tempted to give one, since I think North Americans are more against this then most Europeans.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Jocus said:
There is such a penalty.

And, Canada made a complaint or a warning to IIHF. They just said that this is not sportsmanlike and it should not happen. TSN.ca said that the worse they could do was give a 2 minute penalty. I would be suprised if they did it, unless Russia goes over the edge. They'll get plenty of warnings before getting a penalty.

It also depends where the ref is from. If he's an American or a Canadian, he might be more tempted to give one, since I think North Americans are more against this then most Europeans.

I agree, I also heard them say about how Ovechkin pretend to shoot on the opposing goalie before the game and Canada warned IIHF to tell ovechkin to stay on his half of the ice before gametime or there will be consequences/problems?

This could be a very entertaining pregame, can't wait to 7:30 !!!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad