Pekka Rinne back with the Preds

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
1687793178304.jpeg

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I love that Trotzy has brought brunette and pekka back into the organization.

I would love to see someone like Ronning or Sullivan back in some way as well.

Let’s get the original band back together!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Love it!!!! Making the transition from player to coach is never easy, but I'm fully supportive here. Rinne himself was found as a result of good European scouting throughout the draft (including the 9th round where he was drafted iirc).

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Read the bottom paragraph of this article where it says Pekka is to learn and observe, maybe bigger things to come. I wonder if he could end up being our head coach or even our GM someday? Anything is possible if he does well on this side of the game. Let’s face it, I love having Trotzy as GM but he is 60 and won’t be here much longer than 10 years. Peks would be 50 then and that would be another pretty epic passing of the torch.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd say the idea is to get Peks some experience in management so he can help the team. Whether that ever turns into something like a GM position I highly doubt but who knows.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'd say the idea is to get Peks some experience in management so he can help the team. Whether that ever turns into something like a GM position I highly doubt but who knows.
I think Peks ceiling would be a goalie coach at the NHL level.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I think Peks ceiling would be a goalie coach at the NHL level.
I don't know how much business savvy he has yet but being a scout is going to get him a lot of contacts, particularly in Europe. Over just our 25 years in the league we've seen a lot more European players coming to the NHL to play...and if they ever expand to Europe those connections are going to be gold.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't know how much business savvy he has yet but being a scout is going to get him a lot of contacts, particularly in Europe. Over just our 25 years in the league we've seen a lot more European players coming to the NHL to play...and if they ever expand to Europe those connections are going to be gold.
True, but I don't expect a European Division in my lifetime. Football, with their 17 games, would be easier to manage that expansion and travel. It is 9 hours of flight time from Chicago to Frankfort. That is the longest flight that I have ever been on.

If a NHL team went over to play the Euro Division, I would expect a Grand Tour of all 6 or 8 teams in two weeks before coming back.

You are absolutely right about making more connections to Europe. You may find a few diamonds that get overlooked by other teams.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
True, but I don't expect a European Division in my lifetime. Football, with their 17 games, would be easier to manage that expansion and travel. It is 9 hours of flight time from Chicago to Frankfort. That is the longest flight that I have ever been on.

If a NHL team went over to play the Euro Division, I would expect a Grand Tour of all 6 or 8 teams in two weeks before coming back.

You are absolutely right about making more connections to Europe. You may find a few diamonds that get overlooked by other teams.
I think Euro division would incorporate a lot of the current Euro league teams. Those would play each other and maybe do like NFL where teams come over to play them in Europe. But I'm not envisioning them playing every team in the US or vice versa any time soon. I just see adding them as the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad