GDT: PDSF/WCQF Game 4 @ Kings (VGK leads series 3-0)

Toreko

Apr 3, 2018
Can't wait.
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/ground.png

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
BTW, I'm really hoping for the sweep tonight. After all the cheapshots this team has given us these 3 games, it would be REALLY nice to humiliate them on their home ice, in front of their lame fans.

Maybe we can give them the same condescending ovation that Doughty gave Marchy as they skate off the ice & move on to the golf course.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It worked last time:

We'll see how deep our guys are willing to dig to pull this series off tonight, but I would be okay with a loss.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
BTW, I'm really hoping for the sweep tonight. After all the cheapshots this team has given us these 3 games, it would be REALLY nice to humiliate them on their home ice, in front of their lame fans.

Maybe we can give them the same condescending ovation that Doughty gave Marchy as they skate off the ice & move on to the golf course.
I'd say part of my motivation to get past this series ASAP is to stop watching the shit LA has been getting away with keep getting ignored but we're going to play the Sharks. At least some Kings fans can recognize when their team gets away with stuff. As far as Sharks fandom in concerned they have the cleanest team in the league. Granted San Jose is a cleaner team than LA but they're not spotless.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'd say part of my motivation to get past this series ASAP is to stop watching the **** LA has been getting away with keep getting ignored but we're going to play the Sharks. At least some Kings fans can recognize when their team gets away with stuff. As far as Sharks fandom in concerned they have the cleanest team in the league. Granted San Jose is a cleaner team than LA but they're not spotless.

Well the Sharks are cleaner than the Kings. And VGK ain't choirboys exactly, though I think they're one of the cleaner teams out there.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've watched hockey for years, and I'm surprised by how clean VGK has been with the talent they have through the regular season. Usually lesser talented teams can depend on some physicality to even up the difference.

I always said it was due to them being small/speedy and such that they didn't need to do the physical crap, but the fact that they've been able to be as grimy as they have in this series (which is still minor in comparison) has really opened my eyes to how crazy NHL officiating is. There's definitely some crap they've done in this series that I'm surprised they've gotten away with, but it really pales in comparison to the Kings stuff, and that's what's weird.

I've never really noticed that huge a difference in officiating until this year. The Knights were clean as hell, for the most part, all season, so it's just surprising how much more than can do now and not get called for it. People will call it ref bias, but it's like night and day.

I almost wish they'd have pulled out a little goonery in the regular season to pull out some of those tough games now that I know they can do it and that it's not likely to get a whistle.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I've watched hockey for years, and I'm surprised by how clean VGK has been with the talent they have through the regular season. Usually lesser talented teams can depend on some physicality to even up the difference.

I always said it was due to them being small/speedy and such that they didn't need to do the physical crap, but the fact that they've been able to be as grimy as they have in this series (which is still minor in comparison) has really opened my eyes to how crazy NHL officiating is. There's definitely some crap they've done in this series that I'm surprised they've gotten away with, but it really pales in comparison to the Kings stuff, and that's what's weird.

I've never really noticed that huge a difference in officiating until this year. The Knights were clean as hell, for the most part, all season, so it's just surprising how much more than can do now and not get called for it. People will call it ref bias, but it's like night and day.

I almost wish they'd have pulled out a little goonery in the regular season to pull out some of those tough games now that I know they can do it and that it's not likely to get a whistle.

Carrier was doing some old time hockey, early in the season, before he got injured. Engelland did his part early as well. I think they just found their identity, and that identity is a speedy clean team that will skate circles around you and get a stick in you every time you try to enter their zone.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
adfqijW.jpg

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I made like ten of these for the next GDT. Whenever that is.
I'm signing you up, if that's the case.

I'm going into hardcore moving mode this weekend, and I really don't want to worry about GDTs. Take the reins, HanSolo!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Goonery is out and this lifelong follower of hockey couldn't be more pleased. Maybe its a little bias since I was a Sharks fan first up until this season but the next round (if it happens of course) will be some great hockey. Both teams hit for good reasons, not to get into someone else's head and hope they get a penalty or make a mental mistake. Both teams do great on the forecheck not with size or hitting, but with positioning and anticipation. The Kings and Ducks have no choice though, they are just not talented enough rosters to go far in the playoffs. The best they can hope for is to have their physical game get their opponents off enough to win or to steal some games with goaltending. It works good in the regular season and you can see both teams did well playing the East where goonery and hitting are for the most part disappearing.

It used to work in the playoffs but then teams realized they just needed 3-4 decent puck carriers on defense and speed on the wings and they could take such teams to school. Nashville used to play the heavy game and quickly transitioned, basically told the league what they were going to do when they swapped Subban for Weber. Jets still have some heavy game to them, but can't deny their skill and speed have gotten much better. Those two teams really thrived this year when they came to be the textbook cases of hitting = being out of position at times, and dumping the puck = turnover.

The Knights saw this was the way the game was going and for the most part did what they could to get the speed and skill going. McNabb is not really a good fit, but I think that was a legacy of thinking playing in the Pacific they needed at least one D experienced in this style. His contract isn't a killer at least, but if the rookies pan out next year I could see him being a good trade candidate to a team that needs a reliable defender like the Leafs and whatever that is they call a defensive scheme. Carrier too I wouldn't mind seeing shipped off, but he creates just enough positive play and energy to make it work on a 4th line. Can't see Reaves coming back either, he's going to have to find some way to make his game more relevant or he might end up in the AHL looking for a job.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Love hearing Chris Cuthbert and Ray Ferraro calling the Vegas/LA series for NBCSN

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Watching Kings TV: "Got to get in [MAF's] crease, get into his face. He looks too comfortable out there." :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->