Series Talk: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I still think the Shark ran into his own goalie and pushed him.

Last edited:

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
WOOT!

Knights are 5-1 in the playoffs when I've been in the building (T-Mobile or Staples Center). I think this means I need to be there for a bunch of games during Round 3. :)

Haven't wrapped my mind around whether I'd rather see them face Nashville or the Jets (impulse is the Jets), but I sure would like to see Nashville win Monday night to force a 7th game to give the Knights a bit more rest relative to the competition -- especially if they are two tenacious games.

Quick thoughts on Round 3 dates?

Seems like we might have these scenarios:
a. Earliest possible: May 9th (WPG wins Monday *and* WSH wins as well);
b. May 10th: PIT wins Monday and WSH-PIT play again May 9th; WPG wins Monday to end the series;
c. May 12th: NSH wins Monday to force a game 7 (May 10th); you figure they'd get at least ONE day of rest. In this case, the outcome of WSH/PIT in Game 6 may not matter.​

The above assumes one day of rest after the last of the Western Conference games. There could be more rest, arena conflicts, or other issues.

Assuming one day of rest between all games:
(a) would mean the first games at the earliest T-Mobile on May 13th/15th (Sun/Tues);
(b) May 14th/16th (Mon/Wed);
(c) May 18th/20th (Fri/Sun).​

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Really proud of the way the Knights battled it out this series and got 'er done. Some things that were demonstrated...

1. Knights' speed is for real. It gave the Sharks probs all series long on the forecheck in terms of the Knights being able to dictate spacing when they were full go.

2. Sharks played a great series. Got to give them cred for remaining tough after a blowout series opener and losing a heartbreaker at home early in series. To my eye they are one of the best coached teams in the league.

3. Fleury is so good he almost requires a top goaltender on the other side. Jones ain't in his class.

4. Tatar isn't a fit. Been holding out hope that his pride leads him to come on strong for us in a bench role and give the team a lift. But can't have everything go your way.

5. I look forward to getting Brannstrom in here on the blueline next season. In this style of play he's going to be a beast.

Don't want to get all focused on next series ahead, but it's gonna be nasty no matter who we draw (hopefully Jets/Preds one goes seven). Looks like the Jets of course, and man they are one nasty squad we're in for it dudes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->